Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
bibby
bibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the rough

Device: Android
Command line transfer between libraries?

Greetings all,
I had a large library that I systematically tagged and split into three libraries across three commodity cloud servers. On each, the calibre-server command line program runs the web-based content server, so there is no access to the main calibre GUI.

I'm in search of a migration strategy for new content, or existing content that is filed on the wrong remote library. I'd like not to have to keep local copies of the libraries (except for backup, not authoritative ), so I'm choosing to rule out file-syncs. File-sync /might/ work as a middle-man library to aid in the transport between servers, so if there is a command line way to transfer content between two local libraries, that should fit my need.

With that in mind, is there a safe command-line-only way to transfer content between libraries?
The covers I don't care about (generated is fine), but my meta-data I'd like to keep.
All machines use Ubuntu Linux.

Thanks!
bibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Code:
calibredb add [--one-book-per-directory --with-library=LIBRARY_PATH] folder1 [folder2 folder3 ...]
will add a book to a library (defaults to currently selected startup library), using one-book-per-directory you can choose the library book subfolder.

Code:
calibredb list [--with-library=LIBRARY_PATH] [-s SEARCH]
can pass you info about the books in a library, with appropriate scripting you can extract the /path/to/book.

Code:
calibredb remove [--with-library=LIBRARY_PATH] comma-separated-list-of-book-ids
can then delete the book from the original library.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2014, 03:16 AM   #3
bibby
bibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the roughbibby is a jewel in the rough

Device: Android
Thanks!

I've published a public repo for a script I made to migrate my content using that flow.
bibby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
linux, transfer