Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Major General
Zealot
Major General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmos

Device: Newest KF 10, iPad, iPad Mini
Have a bunch of books in AZW3 and PDF...is it possible to delete only the PDF's?

When I got my new Kindle Fire HDX, I converted my library to AZW3.

When I did this, I forgot to not convert my PDF's, which I didn't want to do since the HDX handles those well, or seems to. I now have a bunch of books with one entry, but two formats (AZW3/PDF). Is there a way, besides going book by book, to ONLY delete the AZW3 versions of those, and leave the PDF's?
Major General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
If you don't already have it, add a formats column.
Sort on formats.
You can now highlight all books with a specific formats combo.
And delete one of the formats.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Select All Books (ctrl-A): Right click: Remove a specific format of all books: PDF
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
Cthulhu4u
Cthulhu4u began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Hey! I actually know the answer to this one . Click the little arrow beside the icon that looks like the recycling symbol (green arrows in a circle). One of the options is to "remove all formats except". Just choose AZW3 (or whatever you want to keep and everything else will be erased.
Cthulhu4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
In the tag editor, select Formats ==> PDF. (Or type formats:"=PDF" into the search bar, but guess which one is easier.) Then Do Ctrl+A to select all currently displayed books (that is, the ones with a PDF version) and use Remove Books ==> Remove all files of a specific format ==> azw3.

If a book has an azw3 format, it will be deleted, but ONLY if it is also in the currently displayed search, of books that have a PDF format.

No need for custom columns, and this will make sure all your other azw3's are kept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Select All Books (ctrl-A): Right click: Remove a specific format of all books: PDF
The question is how to delete the NON-pdf version of all the pdfs.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major General View Post
When I got my new Kindle Fire HDX, I converted my library to AZW3.

When I did this, I forgot to not convert my PDF's, which I didn't want to do since the HDX handles those well, or seems to. I now have a bunch of books with one entry, but two formats (AZW3/PDF). Is there a way, besides going book by book, to ONLY delete the AZW3 versions of those, and leave the PDF's?
Search for 'formats: pdf and formats:azw3'

Ctrl-A

Remove Books -> Remove all formats except... -> PDF.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote