Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #46
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
You have to add the widget to the home screen. Select "Beautiful Toggle" and then you get to choose the toggle type. One of those is "airplane mode".
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:11 AM   #47
WilThor
WilThor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
My Vox told me that an update was ready. I OK'd the installation. Now my browser does not work. Error message is (process.com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. I have to tap the Force Close option on the fialog box. All I can do is read a book. The unit was purchased on November 3. Any suggestions?
WilThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 04:27 AM   #48
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
You have to add the widget to the home screen. Select "Beautiful Toggle" and then you get to choose the toggle type. One of those is "airplane mode".
Thanks! I didn't realize that Beautiful Toggle was an umbrella widget.

Speaking of BW, the weather one wants to download an animation package from Android Market which we still can't get to work. Anyone know if the BW animation addon package is available elsewhere?

Last edited by hpulley; 11-27-2011 at 04:29 AM.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #49
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
http://www.apktop.com/animated-weath...ock-4-5-3.html will fix you up with a really nice clock/animated weather widget.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #50
Nojo
Nojo began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO evox
"You have to add the widget to the home screen. Select "Beautiful Toggle" and then you get to choose the toggle type. One of those is "airplane mode". "

Can someone tell me how to do this? I'm really, really new to this - and I'm having the same issue as hpulley - browser won't work after the update!!! ERG.
Nojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #51
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hold your finger pressing down on the home screen. You'll be prompted to add something - pick Widget, then select Beautiful Toggle. You. Then get sent to the app to pick the toggle type.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #52
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Download this and install this: www.apktop.com/beautiful-widgets-3-65.html

Once that's done, go to home screen or wherever you want to put it, and and get long press on a blank space. Select widgets, and and scroll to 'Beautiful Toggles widgets', this will bring up another list, and select 'plane', this will be airplane mode, which will turn mode on when you touch it, will be green when it's on.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #53
Nojo

Thanks everyone - I also had the same issue as WilThor since yesterday - I decided to do a factory reset (hope all my scrabble games aren't affected) to see if it fixes it. It's hard to get updates, etc. when your browser isn't functioning!
Old 11-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #54
Haesslich
Fanatic

Before you factory reset, did you try the Clear Data option for the browser by going to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Browser?
Old 11-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #55
pulsar
Connoisseur
pulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfolded

Device: kindle 3, kobo vox
It appears that with the newest update the full factory reset (Volume+ and Power buttons together) no longer works. I thought I bricked my unit - soon after the update, trying to install an app, it got frozen, and wouldn't reboot beyond the welcome message, and factory reset didn't work. Finally, after half an hour of multiple attempts to reboot and reset the device, it finally produced a "system error; will do full reset" message; then it went through the whole process - internal recovery and new update over WiFi.

Has anyone else tried to do the Volume+ and Power unit reset after the update?
pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #56
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
Any reason to do the update if you don't give a toot about the sleep issue?
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #57
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar View Post
It appears that with the newest update the full factory reset (Volume+ and Power buttons together) no longer works. I thought I bricked my unit - soon after the update, trying to install an app, it got frozen, and wouldn't reboot beyond the welcome message, and factory reset didn't work. Finally, after half an hour of multiple attempts to reboot and reset the device, it finally produced a "system error; will do full reset" message; then it went through the whole process - internal recovery and new update over WiFi.

Has anyone else tried to do the Volume+ and Power unit reset after the update?
So what finally worked for you? Did you keep trying the volume + power buttons and eventually that worked, or just the power button?
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #58
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
My browser works fine after the update. Works well in fact.

I'm still having waking and sleeping issues and occasional wifi restart issues (even with airplane mode) but aside from all that it works well. No problem reading books, surfing with the browser, rooting it, playing music, most videos (aside from sound in my AVIs), playing games, pretty much everything. If only the basic power button would work it would be pretty much perfect ;-)
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #59
pulsar
Connoisseur
pulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfoldedpulsar reads XML... blindfolded

Device: kindle 3, kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
So what finally worked for you? Did you keep trying the volume + power buttons and eventually that worked, or just the power button?
Just perseverance I guess . I did multiple attempt at rebooting, always got stuck at the intro message. At some point, I connected to the charger, and after one ore more attempts the system generated the error message, and went into the recovery. So it is hard to say, what exactly did the trick.
pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #60
Nojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Before you factory reset, did you try the Clear Data option for the browser by going to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Browser?
Yes - I tried that - still no go...I did the factory reset - only bought it a couple of weeks ago so not much lost...however, I DID lose all the Scrabble games in progress...man...I was kicking butt too.