Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Syncing Works (Includes Highlights and Notes)

Yesterday and today I was successful syncing my Touch to last page read from the Android app. To my surprise, highlights and notes carried over also!

I don't know how long a period of time must pass for it to pull off the latest read stuff, but I know it doesn't happen immediately. I just tried it again with the intention of waiting 10 minutes. I got sidetracked and didn't check until 1/2 hour later. I'll have to try and pin it down some more.

I wish B&N would acknowledge the sync issue and their quest to fix it. Why can't they just post a sticky on the BN.com tech support forum?

Now, the only thing left for me to rant about is the homescreen. By the way, it's day 16, and I still have those same four recommended books from day one. OK, I'm done.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Oogami
Oogami began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm not sure, but when you're on the main library screen and then hit the refresh circle (upper right next to the magnifying glass), that may sync your bookmarks and notes.

I know that when I delete a book from bn.com (such as a preview) I can either wait a long time for it to do it automatically, or hit that refresh button to get it to happen right away.
Oogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been hitting the refresh manually from day one. It never worked until yesterday. I always do a manual sync. I'm not alone with this problem. Lots of ranting at BN.com from others. One person mentioned their consistent success.

Also, I've never seen it mentioned that highlights and notes will be synced. I recall folks being concerned they would lose their notes and highlights should they have to do a factory reset.

Last edited by SCION; 06-21-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Scion, did your NC sync up as well? I really mostly care about the last page read syncing, but notes and highlights would be great.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Scion, did your NC sync up as well? I really mostly care about the last page read syncing, but notes and highlights would be great.
Hey You! I don't have the stock ROM anymore. I installed a custom one internally (not off storage card). When I make reference to the NOOK app I'm referring to my NOOKcolor. I wish I could confirm for you (and others)!
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Hey You! I don't have the stock ROM anymore. I installed a custom one internally (not off storage card). When I make reference to the NOOK app I'm referring to my NOOKcolor. I wish I could confirm for you (and others)!
D'uh I knew that!
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Well thanks for the encouraging report. I think I got reading position to sync once with Nook4iOS, but no more than that, & I gave up thinking I'd imagined it (too soon, perhaps). Haven't tried with Nook4Mac. But it needs to become predictable/reliable somehow...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Now, the only thing left for me to rant about is the homescreen. By the way, it's day 16, and I still have those same four recommended books from day one. OK, I'm done.
Are they at least GOOD books? I can't remember which ones they were.

I wonder if they're the same for everyone? Does B&N have a genuine "recommends" feature that provides varied books to the users, or is B&N just pushing the same 4 books to everyone? And -- if the latter -- are the pubs paying extra for that advertising?

Inquiring minds want to know.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Are they at least GOOD books? I can't remember which ones they were.

I wonder if they're the same for everyone? Does B&N have a genuine "recommends" feature that provides varied books to the users, or is B&N just pushing the same 4 books to everyone? And -- if the latter -- are the pubs paying extra for that advertising?

Inquiring minds want to know.
They're recommends based on a previous purchase, so no, not the same for everyone. Here's the thing: they're self-published books. The previous purchase is a popular James Patterson book. The best they can suggest are self-published titles?

Last edited by SCION; 06-22-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
They're recommends based on a previous purchase, so no, not the same for everyone. Here's the thing: they're self-published books. The previous purchase is a popular James Patterson book. The best they can suggest are self-published titles?
Wow, I knew the B&N recommends algorithm was a bit...fuzzy, but that's weird. I'd expect at least ONE Patterson book in the mix if you'd just bought one.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:

Woo Hoo!!! I no longer have those same books. Now I have the B&N Top 100 as stated in the User Guide. This is what I longed for.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #12
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Woo Hoo!!! I no longer have those same books. Now I have the B&N Top 100 as stated in the User Guide. This is what I longed for.
LOL well congratualations I think I would like that, the Top 100 also the top NYTimes Bestsellers would be cool as well. but top 100 is def. cool.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote