Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
What's Your eDGe?

Mine is an ereader with extras.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Mine's an ereader, notepad, email & browsing on the go, RSS reader, Internet radio, and MP3 player
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
Franky
Nameless Being

I use my eDGe for doing my work, reading many PDF's, annotate, making notes, visualizing new ideas,send them via mail, receive answers, search the web to complete all of this and many more things.
now how do I describe that?

My eDGe is my extended office. Where ever I go, whenever I need, whenever I want.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
I'm just tagging along. I didn't realize the e-ink screen was that big.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Benham, don't forget the eDGe comes in 2 sizes: the original (EE) with a 9.7" e-ink screen and the Pocket (PE) with a 6" (I think!) screen. Other than size, they are very similar. Some people (Borisb ) have one of each.

I have the smaller PE, which I like, but I would love to have the bigger screens for really comfortable browsing, reading, and writing!
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The one I looked at on Amazon that was $200 looked like the e-ink screen was that same as my Sony 505, but it is hard to tell looking at a picture. You transfer books from ADE?
Old 04-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Filark

That's the Pocket eDGe, and I imagine the e-ink screen is roughly the same size as your 505.

I do transfer books from ADE. Also from Calibre. Do you hook up your 505 to a computer with a USB cable? If so, it's pretty much the same process. There's a Sony Reader app for the Android side, but I haven't tried it and don't know whether it would allow you to easily grab all the books in your Sony Library. But ADE has a decent interface. The eDGe shows up there as a drive, just like your 505 probably does, so you can drag and drop books.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
benham
Guru

No Sony app for the iTouch is a bit annoying. As you know USB is the only way to transfer books. I have been able to read ebooks from my Sony library on iFlow. eDGe accepts Android apps?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #9
Filark

Half of the eDGe is an Android tablet, so yes it accepts Android apps, although not everything runs on the eDGe because it is special, different, unique!

I don't know anything about iFlow.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #10
benham
Guru

iFlow is an ereader app for iTouch.