Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
302 screen versus the Sony PRS-600 screen

I was just curious if anyone had a chance to compare the Pocketbook 302 screen with that in the outgoing Sony PRS-600 screen? I was wondering if it gave up as much contrast as the Sony? I like the form factor of the 302 quite a bit... but I don't want to give up on the sharpness I enjoy on my wife's PRS-505.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, yes the PB-360 is on my list of readers to consider as well.

Thanks,
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Hi,

is that the comparison you wanted to see? (but PRS650 instead of PRS600)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPGXDH8yZWg

Kind Regards

Waldemar
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
Hi,

is that the comparison you wanted to see? (but PRS650 instead of PRS600)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPGXDH8yZWg

Kind Regards

Waldemar

Not exactly. Essentially I wanted to know if the 302's screen was significantly better than the 300 (which I have seen in person). I know comparing it to the 650 is not really the same since the 650 has the next generation of screen.

I guess what I am really looking for is user impressions on how it stacks up to the 600 and to non touch screen readers like the PB 301 and the Sony PRS-505 (Not 5" readers since they have a different pixel density).

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote