Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
Shoe
Shoe doesn't litterShoe doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Wodehouse, P.G.: William Tell Told Again v1 Jan 11, 2010

Hello, all. I am new to the whole Reader experience (just got a Sony Reader PRS-600 for Christmas) but have been thoroughly enjoying it and this web site, particularly this incredible collection of Sony Reader books. I thought I would contribute to this site which I have found so helpful in my first couple of weeks with the new Reader with one of my favorite authors - P.G. Wodehouse. I have found an abundance of his writings here but have not seen this one uploaded for the Reader yet - William Tell Told Again. Exactly what it says it is - a retelling in pure Wodehousian style of the classic tale of William Tell. Here is what Wikipedia has to say:
Quote:
William Tell Told Again is a retelling of the William Tell legend in prose, verse and illustrations. First published on November 11, 1904 by Adam & Charles Black, London, the main, prose element was written by P. G. Wodehouse, in typical Wodehousian style, while the 16 colour illustrations were by Philip Dadd and the accompanying verses by John W. Houghton.
This version is from Project Gutenberg; illustrations are included. I had tried various versions which are around on the web but couldn't find one I liked for the Reader so I made this one in Calibre - I'm still new to all of this so if anyone sees any errors or things which can be improved, please let me know. I am eager to learn.
Quote:
This work is in the Canadian public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. It may still be under copyright in some countries. If you live outside Canada, check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 01-12-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote