Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-27-2012, 03:25 AM   #1
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Mouse-click to shift from book detail screen to main screen, without edit mode.

My preferred approach for scrolling through the main library is to have the book details screen open, while the mouse-and-scroll-control is still on the main Calibre list-display screen.

However, if I then shift m&s-control to the book details screen to make some edits (e.g. paste in a new cover) and then use a mouse click to try to shift m&s control back to the list-display screen, I find that most list-display fields that I might click on will immediately go into edit mode (resulting in issues such as the one in a related thread on trying to reset a numeric field back to undefined https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186220 ).

Is there a way to modify Calibre behaviour so that when a single mouse click is used to shift m&s-control from the book-details screen to the list-display screen, the effect is to just highlight the selected book entry rather than go into edit mode for a specific cell? [ A work-around is to remember to first click on the row number but ... ]

Last edited by Rob557; 07-27-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Rob557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:42 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob557 View Post
Is there a way to modify Calibre behaviour so that when a single mouse click is used to shift m&s-control from the book-details screen to the list-display screen, the effect is to just highlight the selected book entry rather than go into edit mode for a specific cell? [ A work-around is to remember to first click on the row number but ... ]
When I click anywhere in the book list it only selects the book. I think this is how I did it. Go to Preferences - Tweaks and change the Control behavior of the book list tweak. Mine is set as follows:
Code:
# Control behavior of the book list

doubleclick_on_library_view = 'edit_cell'

horizontal_scrolling_per_column = False
and as a result a single click in the book list only selects the book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #3
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
... Go to Preferences - Tweaks and change the Control behavior of the book list tweak. ...
Hi dwanthny, that solved the problem, and from the various options that I now see are identified for that tweak in Kovid's manual at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html , the options that you chose seem to work the best for me. Thank you !
Rob557 is offline   Reply With Quote