Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #16
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Just an update. I ran two further tests.

1) I changed the settings to leave it on constantly. After 4 full days the battery was still showing 20% so this is consistent with what others are reporting. I charged at this point.

2) I repeated the original test (start of thread) without the SD card so I powered off after every reading session. I had more time to read the last couple of weeks and the battery died after 12 full days. I read two books during this period which was a total of 850 paper pages. (estimate 1,600 Cybook pages. Based on this the SD card didn't reduce the battery life.

I'm happy with the battery life for my own use but if you're planning on taking it with you on a two week camping trip, well then you're pushing it.

I don't know where the companies are getting the 7,500 to 8,000 page turns for the Vizplex devices. I can only speculate that these numbers came from E-Ink based on the screen only and all the vendors are just repeating it.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:46 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I don't know where the companies are getting the 7,500 to 8,000 page turns for the Vizplex devices. I can only speculate that these numbers came from E-Ink based on the screen only and all the vendors are just repeating it.
It's the figure you'll get if you charge the machine, and simply repeatedly press the "Next Page" button as fast as it'll go until the battery runs down. It bears no relationship whatsoever to practical use for reading.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert