Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Printing or saving a simple booklist?

That's in anticipation of my obliviousness to retrospectively obvious features.

How do I print or save a simple list? I can print a book. I can print the catalog. I noticed that the catalog plugins aren't configurable. I saw the options in the Generate Catalog dialog, but a catalog isn't really what I want. I'd like to have a list in table format containing selected columns similar to the main gui list in presentation and format. To print, save to disk, or export as csv to a spreadsheet to print or otherwise mess with.

Did I miss something obvious again?
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
That's in anticipation of my obliviousness to retrospectively obvious features.

How do I print or save a simple list? I can print a book. I can print the catalog. I noticed that the catalog plugins aren't configurable. I saw the options in the Generate Catalog dialog, but a catalog isn't really what I want. I'd like to have a list in table format containing selected columns similar to the main gui list in presentation and format. To print, save to disk, or export as csv to a spreadsheet to print or otherwise mess with.

Did I miss something obvious again?
use the catalog and pick CSV output, next tab pick the columns you want... you get a list in table format..... am I missing something or did you miss that option?
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
use the catalog and pick CSV output, next tab pick the columns you want... you get a list in table format..... am I missing something or did you miss that option?
I didn't realize the tabs changed according to selected format. Had it set to MOBI and didn't notice CSV until you pointed it out. Thanks.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
I didn't realize the tabs changed according to selected format. Had it set to MOBI and didn't notice CSV until you pointed it out. Thanks.
glad to help
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote