Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-14-2014, 03:40 AM   #1
sovre
Zealot
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
get books - not working

I used to be able to use the "get books" function to download books from various sources, but I have not used it for awhile. I recently tried to download some epubs from Gutenberg, but was not successful. The book title appears in my library after download but it is only an empty 1k file. When I click on the book I get the message "not a zip file." I checked my firewall and Calibre is not blocked. I also tried downloading from another source and that also did not work (can't remember which). The only source I was able to successfully download from was Archive.org. Anyone have any insight into what might be causing this problem?
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Probably the PG website has changed, you'd be much better off getting your public domain books from the mobilread store in any case, much higher quality.

As for PG, you will have to wait till user_none, who maintains the PG plugin has time to look at it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I can confirm that the PG store is downloading the product page

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/{book-id}

Instead of

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/{book-id}.epub.images
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MobileRead doesn't show a download option. Both MR and PG correctly goto the storefront correctly.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
MobileRead doesn't show a download option. Both MR and PG correctly goto the storefront correctly.
Yes and as long as you dont have open in an external browser clicked, when you download a file from the MR website, it will be automatically added to your calibre library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2014, 02:06 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes and as long as you dont have open in an external browser clicked, when you download a file from the MR website, it will be automatically added to your calibre library.
Cool. Didn't notice that feature to use an embedded browser (I don't really use the store). Works perfectly.