Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
kentmatt
kentmatt doesn't litterkentmatt doesn't litter

Device: none
Why do html entities get replaced upon import?

I notice that when I import an htm file into calibre (not conversion - just importing it into the library), calibre alters my document. For example, all of the character entities such as “ &rdquo, — get replaced with “ ” and — in the file.

Is this by design, or is it a bug? This should not occur - these entities are used in place of the characters for a reason. Simply importing a book shouldn't mess with the internals of it.
kentmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it's by design, and it isn't going to change. I lack the time to tell you why, you will just have to take my word for it.

EDIT: And if you dont want this behavior just put your html files in a zip file before importing them

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 12-08-2010 at 12:24 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert