Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Rectum? It nearly killed 'im!

A naked, 'shroomed burglar goes all Richard Gere on a mouse!

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465624

(And I'm not posting this merely out of the pride of having this winner living only one county away from me.)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir

Couldn't happen to a nicer person.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
When I read this, I internally read "indecent" report, rather than "incident" report.
Quote:
SENECA, SC (WCSC) - A burglary call for Oconee County sheriff's deputies turned bizarre Monday morning when their suspect was found naked with a .... and apparently drugged, an incident report shows.
You will need to read the article to find out what "..." refers to.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:28 AM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
energizer bunny my ass!!! it was a mouse all along!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:47 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Poor mouse...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #6
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Are we to assume (geddit?) that the mouse got there of its own free will? If not I want to know why there are no animal cruelty charges.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #7
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I find it particularly amusing that nowhere in the article does it mention that they actually removed the mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
energizer bunny my ass!!!
ahh, KK, perhaps you'd like to rephrase that, after all that guy went nuts with just a mouse and you're talking about a rabbit now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Are we to assume (geddit?) that the mouse got there of its own free will? If not I want to know why there are no animal cruelty charges.
Maybe he sat on it?
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #8
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S

Does anyone have the joke that fits the punchline above? I've been looking for the sucker for years with no luck...
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
ahh, KK, perhaps you'd like to rephrase that, after all that guy went nuts with just a mouse and you're talking about a rabbit now
I thought that she was making a request?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I thought that she was making a request?
ohhhh, you are so gonna get it when she reads that....

Did you notice everyone diving under the tables?
Old 11-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
silly wabbits
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK2111 View Post

Does anyone have the joke that fits the punchline above? I've been looking for the sucker for years with no luck...
I'm not sure there is one. It was a line used in various movies to suggest a joke that some newcomer to the scene (or the audience just being presented with the scene) had missed the setup, and arrived just in time to hear the punchline. I suspect a comic might have pulled the same gag on an audience member returning from the bathroom, the show being subsequently aired on TV, but I can't cite the comic.

For some reason, Michael Keaton sticks in my mind as having delivered this line somewhere...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #13
dsvick
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I'm not sure there is one. It was a line used in various movies to suggest a joke that some newcomer to the scene (or the audience just being presented with the scene) had missed the setup, and arrived just in time to hear the punchline. I suspect a comic might have pulled the same gag on an audience member returning from the bathroom, the show being subsequently aired on TV, but I can't cite the comic.

For some reason, Michael Keaton sticks in my mind as having delivered this line somewhere...
So, it is like 42.

We have the punch line, but not the joke. Sounds like a book to me.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #14
dsvick
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
silly wabbits
That's it!?

I expected guns and blood and ardeegee going to the hospital
Old 11-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #15
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
I'm confused.
Quote:
Deputies and officers from the Seneca Police Department opined that Smith might have been high on mushrooms, and identified equipment that could be used to get high in the victim's home.
When I was a kid we just ate the damned things or occasionally made tea. What kind of equipment is he using to take mushrooms? Dentures? A Tea Pot?

Also as kids, we sure didn't break into anyone's home, we'd usually lay in a field and go, "Whoa!" for six hours.

I think the Seneca Police Department must have confused mushrooms with crack cocaine.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote