Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Archibald Yates
Archibald Yates began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th. gen., Kindle Oasis 8th. gen., Kindle Touch
Question How to display full pubdate in library window

Hello forum!

I have a huge number of issues of a daily newspaper imported into Calibre.

The pubdate column only displays month and year—is it possible to change this to full date, i. e. day, month, and year?

The data is existing, the mouse-over displays the full date, but it is quite annoying to do the mouse-over again and again.

Thank you in advance!
Archibald Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Welcome to MobileRead.

Preferences -> Tweaks -> "Control how dates are displayed"
Change the "gui_pubdate_display_format" to 'dd MMM yyyy'
Click Apply (below), then Apply up the top, likely a Calibre restart and you should be sorted...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Archibald Yates

Wow, that's a fast reply!

Thank you very much!

How could I have overlooked this setting? Answer: I haven't! I use the German UI and there is no "Kniff" (not at all the best translation for "tweak", by the way) for changing pubdate.

When I switched to English I discovered the setting right there. Weired.

Thanks again.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sure there is, it's called:

Datumsanzeige Einstellungen
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Archibald Yates

And how could I have overlooked THAT? Oh dear …

It is the topmost item and it is in bold type, unlike the others. Maybe that made me think it was just a headline or something and somehow blocked me from reading it. Or maybe I just need glasses.

Thanks again and thank you for Calibre in general!
Advert

Tags
pubdate