Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #16
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Apologies to all. I was a doctor's appointment and unable to upload a fix until now.

Please update to version 1.0.1 which should solve the problem everyone's having.

G
G - who let you go to the Doctor's? LOL! Hope all is well and THANKS!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
CarlosNZ
CarlosNZ began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5
Unhappy

Hi there, apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I did a quick search, and I found one other mention of the problem, but it seems it spontaneously corrected itself in that situation.

Anyway, just installed Marvin 2.0 on my iPhone and trying to interact with Calibre (on OS X Mountain Lion).

Calibre sees the device fine, I can open the Marvin library, browse and interact with it in Calibre. However, when I try to "Send to Device", I get the following error:
Code:
calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 85, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 557, in _upload_books
  File "/var/folders/6v/qwcd7xmx53qg8v5g9jpd33lw0000gn/T/calibre_1.3.0_tmp_CLJXcH/lRs_Zp_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 1240, in upload_books
  File "/var/folders/6v/qwcd7xmx53qg8v5g9jpd33lw0000gn/T/calibre_1.3.0_tmp_CLJXcH/lRs_Zp_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 1405, in _create_new_book
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
Any ideas?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #18
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
@CarlosNZ, please create an issue with a debug log and I will take a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks,

G
Old 09-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #19
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
thanks for yet another great plugin
issues I saw so far:
(Calibre 1.2)
- some books from marvin are shown on white background but when I attempt to re-add book to Calibre it says it's dublicate (and it IS dublicate)
- some books from marvin are shown on white background but even option to copy to calibre is greyd out.
only thing I saw in common is that author/title are cyrillic

- when I configure plugin and want to select column for annotations and column has cyrillic title, Marvin XD doesn't allow it.
---
here search name for column was commens but title was Комментарии
"calibre, version 1.2.0
ОШИБКА: Необработанное прерывание:: <b>KeyError</b>:'\xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbc\xd0\xbc\xd0\xb5\xd0\x bd\xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd1\x80\xd0\xb8\xd0\xb8'

calibre 1.2 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-12.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '12.5.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: Mon Jul 29 16:33:49 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.48.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.4
OSX: ('10.8.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.config", line 564, in save_combobox_setting
KeyError: '\xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbc\xd0\xbc\xd0\xb5\xd0\xbd\ xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd1\x80\xd0\xb8\xd0\xb8'
"
--
column renaming fixes that
Old 09-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #20
FatCatElvis
FatCatElvis began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4 32GB (iOS 5.1.1), iPad Mini 64GB (iOS 6.1.2)
Reinstalled new plug-in - 2 new error messages

Installed the newest plug in. Have two new error messages.

I have over 1500 books in Marvin and over 3000 books in Calibre. I started the MarvinXD interface, it indexed Calibre and Marvin library fine, and showed me the list of books in separate window. I clicked on Show Matched Status and found a series of green, yellow and white books.

I compared the yellow metadata of several files (and frankly couldn't identify what the difference was for most of the files, perhaps it was a new cover image) but because I like to keep all the metadata synchronized, I chose transfer to Calibre (error message), then tried to Marvin (got error message). Had to disconnect Calibre Connector in Marvin, restart Calibre.

DIALOG BOX: TypeError: Can only concatenate list (not "Nonetype") to list...

calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:can only concatenate list (not "NoneType") to list

calibre 1.3 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1048, in dispatch_context_menu_event
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1908, in show_view_metadata_dialog
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 5590, in _update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 5442, in _update_marvin_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 2208, in _build_metadata_update
TypeError: can only concatenate list (not "NoneType") to list

The other error message occurred when I was deleting the books in "white". I had about 4-5 books. The first two books deleted fine. Then I tried to delete the 3rd book, and got the following error message, and a perpetual spinning wheel with "Updating Marvin Library..." showing. Again, I hit disconnect in Marvin, and had to restart Calibre.
calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

Python 2.7.5
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 2970, in _delete_books
IndexError: list index out of range

Thoughts?

Last edited by FatCatElvis; 09-13-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #21
wn1ytw
wn1ytw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2, PW3 & KV; Kobo Glo HD
I had that issue with OSX 10.8.5 and both calibre 1.2 & 1.3/ I used time capsule backup to restore my calibre preferences file so I could start calibre.

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 234, in initialize_db_stage2
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 183, in start_gui
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 204, in initialize
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/__init__.py", line 142, in do_genesis
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 126, in genesis
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 257, in init_options
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.annotations_db ", line 303, in connect
OperationalError: unable to open database file
Old 09-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #22
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn1ytw View Post
I had that issue with OSX 10.8.5 and both calibre 1.2 & 1.3/ I used time capsule backup to restore my calibre preferences file so I could start calibre.

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 234, in initialize_db_stage2
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 183, in start_gui
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 204, in initialize
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/__init__.py", line 142, in do_genesis
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 126, in genesis
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 257, in init_options
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.annotations_db ", line 303, in connect
OperationalError: unable to open database file
@wn1ytw, that bug was fixed with the 1.0.1 release of Marvin XD. Please update to the latest version of the plugin (available to download from the first post in this thread or through calibre).

G
Old 09-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #23
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
thanks for yet another great plugin
issues I saw so far:
(Calibre 1.2)
- some books from marvin are shown on white background but when I attempt to re-add book to Calibre it says it's dublicate (and it IS dublicate)
- some books from marvin are shown on white background but even option to copy to calibre is greyd out.
only thing I saw in common is that author/title are cyrillic
@vikiarti, could you please send me a book that exhibits this problem. Contact me via PM for an email address.

Quote:
- when I configure plugin and want to select column for annotations and column has cyrillic title, Marvin XD doesn't allow it.
Spoiler:
---
here search name for column was commens but title was Комментарии
"calibre, version 1.2.0
ОШИБКА: Необработанное прерывание:: <b>KeyError</b>:'\xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbc\xd0\xbc\xd0\xb5\xd0\x bd\xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd1\x80\xd0\xb8\xd0\xb8'

calibre 1.2 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-12.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '12.5.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: Mon Jul 29 16:33:49 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.48.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.4
OSX: ('10.8.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.config", line 564, in save_combobox_setting
KeyError: '\xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbc\xd0\xbc\xd0\xb5\xd0\xbd\ xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd1\x80\xd0\xb8\xd0\xb8'
"
--
column renaming fixes that
I created an enhancement request to support cyrillic column names at the issue tracker on your behalf. https://github.com/GRiker/calibre-ma...nager/issues/6

G

Last edited by GRiker; 09-14-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #24
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCatElvis View Post
Installed the newest plug in. Have two new error messages.

Spoiler:
I have over 1500 books in Marvin and over 3000 books in Calibre. I started the MarvinXD interface, it indexed Calibre and Marvin library fine, and showed me the list of books in separate window. I clicked on Show Matched Status and found a series of green, yellow and white books.

I compared the yellow metadata of several files (and frankly couldn't identify what the difference was for most of the files, perhaps it was a new cover image) but because I like to keep all the metadata synchronized, I chose transfer to Calibre (error message), then tried to Marvin (got error message). Had to disconnect Calibre Connector in Marvin, restart Calibre.

DIALOG BOX: TypeError: Can only concatenate list (not "Nonetype") to list...

calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:can only concatenate list (not "NoneType") to list

Python 2.7.5
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1048, in dispatch_context_menu_event
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1908, in show_view_metadata_dialog
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 5590, in _update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 5442, in _update_marvin_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 2208, in _build_metadata_update
TypeError: can only concatenate list (not "NoneType") to list

The other error message occurred when I was deleting the books in "white". I had about 4-5 books. The first two books deleted fine. Then I tried to delete the 3rd book, and got the following error message, and a perpetual spinning wheel with "Updating Marvin Library..." showing. Again, I hit disconnect in Marvin, and had to restart Calibre.
calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

Python 2.7.5
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 2970, in _delete_books
IndexError: list index out of range

Thoughts?
@FatCatElvis, I need to see a debug log leading up to the crashes. You can find instructions on creating a debug log at the issue tracker in the Creating a new issue post.

Please create separate issues for the two problems you describe.

Thanks.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 09-14-2013 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Hid details in spoiler
Old 09-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #25
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosNZ View Post
Hi there, apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I did a quick search, and I found one other mention of the problem, but it seems it spontaneously corrected itself in that situation.

Any ideas?
@CarlosNZ, this was actually a bug in the regular Marvin driver rather than Marvin XD. I've uploaded a new version of iOS reader applications (v1.1.1) which should fix the problem.

G
Old 09-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #26
CarlosNZ
CarlosNZ began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
@CarlosNZ, this was actually a bug in the regular Marvin driver rather than Marvin XD. I've uploaded a new version of iOS reader applications (v1.1.1) which should fix the problem.

G
Great, thanks. Working nicely now.

Cheers,
C
Old 09-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #27
twentw
twentw began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Unable to use Marvin with Calibre

I haven't been able to get any books from Calibre. I think it has to do with these instructions:

In calibre, go to Preferences → Advanced → Plugins, and then search for iOS reader applications.
Click on “Customize Plugin”.
Select “Marvin” as your preferred reader.

(NOTE THAT I'M USING WINDOWS)
I assume after going to Preference-Advance-Plugins, I must search for the Marvin plugin. I do that then click on Customize Plugin, and I get the following error:

TypeError:'NoneType' object has no attribute '___getitem__'
Windows-7-6.1.7601.SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows','7','6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7',6.1.7601', 'SP1', Multiprocessor Free')
File "calibre_plugins.mar5vin_manager.config", line 680, in run
File "calibre_plugins.mar5vin_manager.config", line 699, in
find_all_annotated_books
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '___getitem__'

If I cancel the error box, I have a "Customize Marvin XD" dialog box that does not have an option to select Marvin as my preferred reader.

Physically connecting my iPhone to my computer does not activate Marvin within Calibre - it remains grayed out. So I'm unable to get any books.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #28
twentw
twentw began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Never mind most of my prior post. I didn't realize there are 2 Marvin plugins (although I'm not sure why there is). Anyway, I still get the error message when accessing the Marvin HD plugin, so that needs to be addressed.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #29
jadepearl
jadepearl began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I also am getting an error. I am on latest osx, checked and updated all plugins. It took time to index and then choked on bulding the Marvin Library view:

calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'MarvinManagerAction' object has no attribute 'has_password'

calibre 1.3 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-12.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '12.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 12.4.0: Wed May 1 17:57:12 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.24.15~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.8.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 664, in show_installed_books
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1231, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 2879, in _construct_table_view
AttributeError: 'MarvinManagerAction' object has no attribute 'has_password'
Old 09-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #30
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Some issues I encountered:

When you download a book in Marvin and then later import it into Calibre (where it does not yet exist), it does not update the Collections, Word count and Series columns in Calibre. It does however retrieve the Marvin subjects to the Tags column, too bad the plugin takes this info from the book and not from the (changed) metadata in Marvin (I had removed all tags and added my own, after adding the book to Calibre, the Tags field contained those that came with the book, not the ones I added in Marvin).

When I then open the Marvin window (from the plugin button) and want to update the info that way using the button at the bottom of the dialog I get the following

calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'NoneType' object does not support item assignment

Windows-7-6.1.7600 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 981, in dispatch_button_click
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1373, in refresh_custom_columns
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 2072, in _apply_date_read
TypeError: 'NoneType' object does not support item assignment

The last line seems to indicate it cannot find something, yet all of the available fields have been mapped in the configuration dialog of the plugin

Also, when I get rid of the dialog showing this error, I am left with this (see screenshot) that won't go away unless task killing Calibre

However, doing the same from the context menu that opens the side-by-side metadata dialog, then updating works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugerror.png
Views:	491
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	111097  

Last edited by At_Libitum; 09-16-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Closed Thread