Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #31
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas View Post
However, one piece of good news for Waterstones is that Waterstones vouchers will be back on my christmas list. Waterstones vouchers or books were all I used to ask for for any occasion, but since getting my PRS500 I've been asking for cash instead so I can paypal people from here to buy gift tokens from the US so I could buy books from the Sony site
scratch that - as Waterstones are only selling ebooks in ADE format (which my PRS500 can't read) I'll be sticking to buying gift codes via people here and spending my money with the US Sony connect store.
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas View Post
scratch that - as Waterstones are only selling ebooks in ADE format (which my PRS500 can't read) I'll be sticking to buying gift codes via people here and spending my money with the US Sony connect store.
That works. However, have you not tried the buy lit (or mobi), remove DRM, convert to LRF path? It really isn't that difficult.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #33
Athos
Athos began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
That works. However, have you not tried the buy lit (or mobi), remove DRM, convert to LRF path? It really isn't that difficult.

BOb
How might one do that, please?
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
For non-DRM'd Lit files there are a lot of options available: Book Designer, Calibre, Amber etc.
Don't use ABC Amber LIT Converter. It is based on an early buggy version of ConvertLIT. And besides, I don't think it would go from LIT to LRF anyway. If you want to explode your LIT files use lit2oeb
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:38 PM   #35
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
How might one do that, please?
Search the threads and google for ConvertLIT. The basic steps are.

1. Download and install Microsoft Reader program, convertlit and calibre.
2. Register your MS Reader to your PC (it's free)
3. Buy a DRM protected LIT file. Fictionwise has one for free.
4. Follow the directions in the ConvertLIT readme file.
5. Import the DRM free LIT file into calibre and convert to LRF.
6. Enjoy the ebook on your Sony reader.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 05:42 AM   #36
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
I did this last night and bought a Discworld book from Fictionwise (as the first store I tried wouldn't sell me it as my IP address wasn't from the US).

This was so simple to do, can't believe I didn't try it earlier

I may need to tinker with the format of the lrf to get it just how I'd like it, but not bad at all.

So, ya-boo to Waterstones looks like I have plenty of content without you
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote