Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2013, 03:44 AM   #361
damee
damee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2013)
Good to know about the Volume thing.

As for the prefixing with zeroes I understand the reasoning behind it but I normally have my folders named correctly beforehand.

For Example I downloaded a manga chapter 1 is named:

Chapter 01 003D Material

While once converted it names it:

chapter-000001-000003d-material

My issues was:

It added the prefix 0's twice once to the chapter number and a second time to the chapter title.
I don't need that many prefix 0's.

So maybe have an option to limit the number of digits so if you have a short 6 chapter series you don't need it

It's not a huge deal but just something I noticed.
damee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:21 AM   #362
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I guess you talking about not very good looking chapter list on Kindle? Because AFAIK that names don't show nowhere else anyway.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 04:28 AM   #363
damee

yeah, when I use the goto option and see the chapter list. Which is why it's not a big issue.

I don't really see myself using it but it's just something I noticed.

Anyway keep up the good work.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:18 AM   #364
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll have this issue in mind.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:27 AM   #365
damee

One last Issue I was converting a large batch. It came up with this error:

The reason I believe is that it has a ♥ in the folder name. It does not crash if I just convert the folder though and not a batch.

★ Also seems to crash it in a batch.

Workaround is of course to remove those characters from the folder names.
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 06:30 AM   #366
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yes. We have problems with some of special characters. It will be fully fixed in 4.0 release after we rewrite entire KCC for Python 3.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #367
Epha
Epha began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 5
Is it possible to prevent zooming somehow? Using Kindle 5
Epha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #368
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Disable Panel View.

I never remember a way to disable it on K5.... Menu option/double tap/pressing back button once.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #369
Epha
Epha began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 5
Much obliged <3
Epha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #370
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 3.7 is out!
  • Added profiles for KOBO devices
  • Improved Panel View support
  • Improved WebToon splitter
  • Improved margin color autodetection
  • Tweaked EPUB output
  • Fixed stretching option
  • GUI tweaks and minor bugfixes
Old 01-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #371
Casmo
Casmo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I just tried the new profiles for Kobo (Aura in my case) and it appears that the images are too small.
When I open it on my Kobo it has very large margins.
I tested before with Other on 758x1024 and that appears to work perfect for me.
Both are tested with png to cbz.

Last edited by Casmo; 01-13-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Casmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #372
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Create one CBZ with profile and second one with Other. Upload somewhere and send me links in PM.

One image inside will be enough. As long this image will be "too small".

EDIT:
Nvm. I found the problem.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 01-13-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #373
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 3.7.1 is out. Kobo profile hotfix.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #374
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 3.7.2 is out. HQ mode output hotfix.

If there will be no new errors found this is last release before 4.0 version.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #375
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Hi AcidWeb

I want to convert a manga which is in 2-page per jpeg layout into a single page per jpeg manga, to be read on my Kobo aura. I'm glad that the program will split 2-page images properly into 2 single-image image files. However, because it is manga, and is to be read from right to left, the naming of the files seems to be wrong.

For example,
manga_000001_000000_kcca.jpg (which is the left panel)
manga_000001_000000_kccb.jpg (which is the right panel)
It should be the other way round, where kcca should be named as kccb, and kccb should be named as kcca, since manga is read from right to left. As it is, it will not be viewed correctly on kobo reader, where the left panel is viewed before the right panel.

Other than this, which is a critical issue, the program runs smoothly on my windows 7.

I also notice that for some devices, eg kobo aura, the 'manga mode' is not selectable. Also, choosing output as cbz format also greys out 'manga mode'. I wonder why this is the case.

Last edited by greenapple; 01-15-2014 at 01:37 AM.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools