Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Tip: Article Date needs to be Unicode String

See my other thread here, but wanted to start a new thread in case anyone else ran into this tricky little issue.

When sending in your own date to create an article:

articles.append({
'title' :thistitle
,'url' :thisurl
,'date' :u' [' + mydate + ']'
,'description':description

You MAY need to make sure the date is a Unicode string in some instances.

For instance, I had this code to parse a number and create a formatted string for my date:

c = time.strptime(match2.group(1),"%Y%m%d")
mydate=time.strftime("%a, %b %d, %Y", c)

However, when I went to use mydate like this, it always got blown away and the recipe always reverted back to the current date:

,'date' :' [' + mydate + ']'

Just adding the "u" in front of what I was passing in seemed to do the trick.

It's not consistent, though - it might only happen if you're converting to a string using the strftime (I had another recipe where I didn't have to do this). Maybe there's something in the actual string that I'm sending in that is causing it to fail.

Possible bug?
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote