Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Strange Book Designer Problem

I have a strange problem with Book Designer that i hope someone can shed some light on!

Within the last few weeks, any time I open a file with Book Designer, it will replace all the question marks (?) in the file with the characters "qqquuu". It also replaces some of the periods (but not all) with the new paragraph symbol (¶ ). I don't know why this is happening all of the sudden...don't know what I could have possibly done to cause this. It's happening with every file I open with Book Designer (no matter what type html, rtf, txt).

It only happens on my desktop. When I open the same files with Book Designer on my laptop, they open with out the strange characters.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Alright, upon further inspection, I figured it out. Somehow the Book Cleaner files I loaded from this site (thanks JS Wolf) got messed up--the BC2 file wasn't loading. I fixed it and everything seems to be okay now.

Of course, I managed to figure this out just after I posted the above question!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
And sometimes strange letters creep in if you fail to set the language as German.

If you are converting an English-language book it is natural to suppose that you should set the language in BD as English. The same goes if you are working in French. However, in BD, German always works best for some reason.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote