Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
zdavatz
Connoisseur
zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPhone, HTC D2 not Sony.
How do I create a section list for MOBI/ Kindle

I would like to create a section list navigation for my ebook. I would also like to create a articles list for my ebook. How is that done with Kindle/MOBI? I also would like to navigate directly between the chapters.
zdavatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdavatz View Post
I would like to create a section list navigation for my ebook. I would also like to create a articles list for my ebook. How is that done with Kindle/MOBI? I also would like to navigate directly between the chapters.
Don't know about navigating directly between the chapters, but the other sounds like a Table of Contents-which can be created using Mobi Creator. (At least I've seen the option for it in there-never used it myself.)
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 02:50 AM   #3
zdavatz
Connoisseur
zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zdavatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is what Kovid told me:

The table of contents is created in the the create_opf method of BasicNewsRecipe class.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
zdavatz
Connoisseur

We also got an answer from Amazon on this one:

change:

<reference type="toc" title="Index" name="TOC.html"/>

To

<reference type="toc" title="Index" href="TOC.html"/>
Old 02-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
zdavatz
Connoisseur

We are still looking for a solution to create the section-list link. http://trac.ywesee.com/ticket/178#comment:78
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
zdavatz
Connoisseur

Also see: http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/2389
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Folder creation would solve some of these type of questions I think.,
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #8
zdavatz
Connoisseur

Sorry do not understand what you mean. Can you post a link please. Thank you.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #9
zdavatz
Connoisseur

Do you mean creating folders for the sections?

Tags
articles list, section list