Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #91
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
Is there any way to add font sizes without rooting? There are several fonts that I really like, but I don't like using them on my Kindle Paperwhite because all of the available sizes are either too small, or too big while using that font. Fanwood Text, for instance, a font I like to use on my Kindle Keyboard, appears too large on my Paperwhite.

I had the same problem that's why I choose to root.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 AM   #92
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Three more fonts that look awesome on the PW: Adobe Caslon Pro, Minion Pro and Constantia -so sharp you can use really small font size.
I found them on my computer.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #93
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Three more fonts that look awesome on the PW: Adobe Caslon Pro, Minion Pro and Constantia -so sharp you can use really small font size.
I found them on my computer.
Minion Pro is used in alot publishers ebooks.

Tonight I jailbreaked my K4S, installed the font hack to get a copy of the condensed Kindle font. I was able to Modified it by adding weight and now I think Amasis might have a little competition. I always loved how it look but it needed to be bolder.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #94
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Tonight I jailbreaked my K4S, installed the font hack to get a copy of the condensed Kindle font. I was able to Modified it by adding weight and now I think Amasis might have a little competition. I always loved how it look but it needed to be bolder.
I'd be interested in your modification of the Caecilia Condensed. Too bad you can't post it though. Sometimes copyright in the way of everything.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #95
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I need a font where italics looks handwritten, for a series I am reading that starts with a diary entry on each chapter. I figure, "why not", and "can your paper edition do this"?!
Does anyone know of such a font?
Otherwise I'll try to patch one together. I tried it with Lucida, renaming the Lucida handwriting font to italics, but I guess that renaming the file name itself is not enough, since it showed up as a separate font entry on the kindle.
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #96
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
I need a font where italics looks handwritten, for a series I am reading that starts with a diary entry on each chapter. I figure, "why not", and "can your paper edition do this"?!
Does anyone know of such a font?
Otherwise I'll try to patch one together. I tried it with Lucida, renaming the Lucida handwriting font to italics, but I guess that renaming the file name itself is not enough, since it showed up as a separate font entry on the kindle.
No renaming does not help. You need to change the metadata. Check out Type Light, that is the freeware version of Type 3.2 font editor with some restrictions - but it is free for personal use. Open font, go to font -> rename font and it takes care of everything, then save and throw on PW. Works great, just tested.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #97
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
@Blossom: <font envy>
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #98
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Me too!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #99
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Me too!
Me three
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #100
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:

OH my goodness you are jailbreaking? Will you make a info posting on how and what you are changing? And how to jailbreak? I tried to follow all, but get cold feet.

Last edited by new; 01-15-2013 at 12:40 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #101
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
No renaming does not help. You need to change the metadata. Check out Type Light, that is the freeware version of Type 3.2 font editor with some restrictions - but it is free for personal use. Open font, go to font -> rename font and it takes care of everything, then save and throw on PW. Works great, just tested.
Thank you, Ducks!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #102
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
Me three
Sorry guys but it does look very nice. I added Georgia with some weight and it looks very nice on the PW.

So this brings to question has anyone hit a font limit yet? I thought it be 6 fonts but I am passed that. I sure don't want to mess my PW up. I've got 8 so far. Amasis, Charis SIL, Nokia Pure, Trebuchet, Garamond Pro, Georgia and Caecilia Condensed Bold and Segoe.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #103
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry guys but it does look very nice. I added Georgia with some weight and it looks very nice on the PW.

So this brings to question has anyone hit a font limit yet? I thought it be 6 fonts but I am passed that. I sure don't want to mess my PW up. I've got 8 so far. Amasis, Charis SIL, Nokia Pure, Trebuchet, Garamond Pro, Georgia and Caecilia Condensed Bold and Segoe.
I had 8 at one point too, but then I deleted a couple of them. I don't have the tools to modify them like you do, but the ones I added look good. I noticed it starts to cut off the page if you add too many. Has anyone added more than 8?

Actually, come to think of it, I think I had added more than 8 when it started to cut the page off.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 01-15-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #104
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Three more fonts that look awesome on the PW: Constantia.
I really like this one too!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #105
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
OH my goodness you are jailbreaking? Will you make a info posting on how and what you are changing? And how to jailbreak? I tried to follow all, but get cold feet.
I just jailbreaked my K4S temporarily to get the fonts. I have no intention of doing it on My Precious PW. I've already uninstall it and the font hack.

Truthfully Jailbreaking a K4 is easy but it doesn't do anything. It's just framework so to speak. There really isn't a reason to do it for the average Kindle user.