Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Determine font and font size on incoming epub?

I convert all my books to epub through Calibre. I use Mantano and a Sony S Tablet. I forgot to convert an epub before transferring it to my Sony. I discovered that it does very nice double columns in Mantano, whereas my Calibre converted ones do not.

Is there any way of discovering what fonts/etc the new epub document has so that I can use those in Calibre for all my epubs? Hopefully you folks can understand what I'm trying to say - I think it is my choice of font and size in Calibre that is causing the problem, although it might be Mantano.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Lyn
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I convert all my books to epub through Calibre. I use Mantano and a Sony S Tablet. I forgot to convert an epub before transferring it to my Sony. I discovered that it does very nice double columns in Mantano, whereas my Calibre converted ones do not.

Is there any way of discovering what fonts/etc the new epub document has so that I can use those in Calibre for all my epubs? Hopefully you folks can understand what I'm trying to say - I think it is my choice of font and size in Calibre that is causing the problem, although it might be Mantano.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Lyn
connect the Sony
Switch from Library View to The Device View
When the column populates (with books ) and the task wheel stops, Select one withe the desired look. Tap 'V' for view (must use the Calibre viewer).
change to a page with the desired look: Right-click on the Page: Inspect

The font should be listed in the Styles section
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
connect the Sony
Switch from Library View to The Device View
When the column populates (with books ) and the task wheel stops, Select one withe the desired look. Tap 'V' for view (must use the Calibre viewer).
change to a page with the desired look: Right-click on the Page: Inspect

The font should be listed in the Styles section

Thanks, but since Sony does not have a Device Letter, I can't connect to Calibre. However, I just opened the book as you say and got to the Inspect page (yea!!). Looking at the Styles section, it doesn't show font, lots of other stuff - is this because I can't connect the Sony?

Is there a way to just transfer all this over to Calibre for its settings?

Lyn
Old 01-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Thanks, but since Sony does not have a Device Letter, I can't connect to Calibre. However, I just opened the book as you say and got to the Inspect page (yea!!). Looking at the Styles section, it doesn't show font, lots of other stuff - is this because I can't connect the Sony?

Is there a way to just transfer all this over to Calibre for its settings?

Lyn
There are many sub sections under styles, click on some text, then inspect.
I believe Computed Style is the results of the Cascade. font-family should appear. your task is to find the parent.

You can add your stylesheet to conversion. IMHO one size fits none
I prefer to reverse engineer a book and introduce my tweaks that-a-way
YMMV
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There are many sub sections under styles, click on some text, then inspect.
I believe Computed Style is the results of the Cascade. font-family should appear. your task is to find the parent.

You can add your stylesheet to conversion. IMHO one size fits none
I prefer to reverse engineer a book and introduce my tweaks that-a-way
YMMV
Thanks, I'll just keep looking.

Lyn
Advert