Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
KenIsaacson
I am what I am
KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle
Duty Man, by William H.S. McIntyre

I've been enjoying the Robbie Munro - best defence series - series, on my Kindle. Finished RELATIVELY GUILTY and moved directly to DUTY MAN.

I discovered the author, William H.S. McIntyre, on one of the Amazon UK boards. His series (which unfortunately now stands at only these two) centers on legal aid defense attorney Robbie Munro. Humorous and engaging, they are quite enjoyable.

It appears that Mr. McIntyre has not yet been "traditionally" published, and his two offerings are in the one dollar range (depending, I suppose, on the day's exchange rate). He's an attorney in what's described as Scotland's oldest law firm.

Ever the cautious purchaser, I decided nonetheless to take a chance on this unknown (for $0.99, I decided I could throw caution to the wind), and I'm really glad I did. I do believe Mr. McIntyre will make it. He's witty, and quite a joy to read. There is quite a bit of local slang to get used to, but for me this adds to the experience.

Ken Isaacson

[removed self-promotion - moderation]

Last edited by dreams; 04-24-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: [removed self-promotion - moderation]
KenIsaacson is offline   Reply With Quote