Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 03:15 AM   #1
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
ePub Thai ebook - any chance?

I've created a document with Atlantis and saved as ePub with embeded Thai font. Thai display properly in my Nook and desktop Adobe ADE; but it won't wrap sentence (or won't reflow?). The same document printed to free Cutepdf displays very well on my Nook.

The attached photo is what displays on my desktop Adobe ADE, same problem as in my Nook.

This is the format of this document. Page size 9.5cmx114cm, font: FreesiaUPC size 12, left/right margin 0.1cm, no margin for top/bottom.

Is there any chance to have ePub for Thai ebook?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plaew SiNgern - Thaksin Mercury Sample Screen.gif
Views:	768
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	44013  
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:21 AM   #2
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here is the full ePub book. Just in case someone can tweak it for proper display.

I also attach the same ebooks in PDF as mentioned above for you to see how should it be displayed properly. If you use B&N Nook, set font size to Small only.

Thanks.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you tried embedding a Thai font in the ePub?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The "Plaew SiNgern - Thaksin Mercury.epub" does contain embedded fonts. It seems to be a problem with support for Thai texts in ADE, not with font embedding.
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
The "Plaew SiNgern - Thaksin Mercury.epub" does contain embedded fonts. It seems to be a problem with support for Thai texts in ADE, not with font embedding.
Then I am out of ideas.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote