Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #151
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
In Type Light 3.2, open your font, then click on Font on the top menu bar, then click on description. A box will come up where you can add weight and other options.

As far as I understand, that does not change the weight of the font. It merely says how bold it should look like.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #152
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If it goes into auto reboot mode it means the font is bad and you need to remove it. Had it happen plenty of times while I was trying some modified fonts on the PW. Never froze those. I had the ALT fonts disappear too after removing a font, Restart should fix it.
I deleted fonts folder and empty file, put the same fonts I had when they worked, along with empty file, but nothing happens, they simply don't show up Do you think it might have to do with 5.3.3 update?
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #153
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Interesting problem on my PW. I installed and was happily using the Amasis font the last day or two. I went to read the New Yorker this morning and the reader rebooted. This happened three times at different points. I went back to one of the original fonts and the New Yorker opened and read without a problem.

Is the problem with Amasis or with any font beyond the basics? Has anyone had this problem?
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #154
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
Interesting problem on my PW. I installed and was happily using the Amasis font the last day or two. I went to read the New Yorker this morning and the reader rebooted. This happened three times at different points. I went back to one of the original fonts and the New Yorker opened and read without a problem.

Is the problem with Amasis or with any font beyond the basics? Has anyone had this problem?
It could be a bug or a missing character the font set doesn't have.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #155
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
I deleted fonts folder and empty file, put the same fonts I had when they worked, along with empty file, but nothing happens, they simply don't show up Do you think it might have to do with 5.3.3 update?
No I think you need to clear the font cache if restarting the Kindle doesn't fix it. Try restarting. Make sure the folder is called fonts with lowercase F and the blank file is in the root of the kindle's drive not in the folder. After verifying all files are in place restart the Kindle. If that doesn't fix it you can try clearing the font cache by typing ;fc-cache in the search bar.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #156
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amasis is garbled in the new firmware. Cannot us amasis.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #157
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Charis SIL Compact

Here is a screenshot of Charis SIL Compact in KF8 also showing the smallcaps. I think the line space looks good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012_09_03T23_32_03-0400.png
Views:	511
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	99644  
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #158
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here is a screenshot of Charis SIL Compact in KF8 also showing the smallcaps. I think the line space looks good.
That looks great. I am half-tempted to replace Charis SIL Compact bold with the smallcaps bold. That should do the trick of having smallcaps chapter heading. I don't remember seeing bold inside a book - and if it happens out of tie blue moon, I am sure I won't mind it beeing smallcaps.

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #159
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That looks great. I am half-tempted to replace Charis SIL Compact bold with the smallcaps bold. That should do the trick of having smallcaps chapter heading. I don't remember seeing bold inside a book - and if it happens out of tie blue moon, I am sure I won't mind it beeing smallcaps.

Bold is not really used much. Also, bold italic is also not used much. So if you replaced the bold italic font with the smallcap regular, then when you define text as bold italic, you'd get smallcaps.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #160
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Amasis is garbled in the new firmware. Cannot us amasis.
You might try removing the custom fonts restarting then reinstalling them and restarting again. It could be something went wonky or the file got corrupted.

I have no problems using Amasis with the new firmware or any Custom font so far.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-18-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #161
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
how many times have you restarted the Kindle since the update?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #162
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Okay updated to the latest firmware then restarted PW and everything still works. All my fonts still work. I don't think the firmware is the problem people are having.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 PM   #163
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How did you fix the line issue? I don't care for the compact version of Charis but it be nice if the normal version had this fixed.

I've made the normal version more darker and am using that to read at night. It's easier for my eyes than my other fonts. I think because it's so small that my tired eyes don't have to adjust as much.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #164
Stingo
Fanatic

Reinstalling Amasis worked. Everything back to normal.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #165
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Reinstalling Amasis worked. Everything back to normal.
I figured something went wonky. Happy to hear you fixed it.