Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have this problem?
Yes, I have this problem 2 22.22%
No, I do not have this problem 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Do you have this problem in 1.9.17 (TOC)

I'm having this problem, who else is experiencing it?

Please vote only if you are using 1.9.17. And please use the side-loaded ePub.

Follow the following steps:

1) Sideload this epub: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54998
2) open the book
3) click at the bottom of the screen (to bring up the menu)
4) click on the book icon in the menu
5) click on the Table of Contents in the menu
6) wait 20 seconds, or until the TOC is displayed
7) click on the X to dismiss the Table of Contents
8) repeat steps 3-7 ten times

Did the table of contents display each time without having to tap on the screen?

Vote "Yes, I had the problem" if the TOC didn't display without having to tap the screen an additional time. Otherwise vote No.

***Please be aware this is a public poll.

Last edited by John F; 03-22-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Added comment about public pole.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I voted yes. 5 out of 10 times the TOC did not display (without first having to tap the screen an additional time).

When it did display, it took about 6 seconds.

Last edited by John F; 03-22-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I might be missing something here, but why would you bring up TOC ten times, I cant think of a reason why I would need to bring it up, dismiss it and repeat this ten times
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
The TOC is displayed every time within 3 seconds, without additional tap: vote for "I don't have this problem."
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
TOC displayed every time for me with no issues.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
I might be missing something here, but why would you bring up TOC ten times, I cant think of a reason why I would need to bring it up, dismiss it and repeat this ten times
Because I have the problem during normal use. Because it is an intermittent problem (for me, and so I assume others). Because doing it may show that if it happens under these conditions, it may (likely) happen under normal conditions.

Just doing it once doesn't really tell me much?
Old 03-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Thanks, just curious, will now step out and watch the results of the poll
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
Intermittent faults require multiple tests to reveal themselves.
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
John F
Grand Sorcerer

I just tried it again (10 times, and then powered off and tried 5 times), and no problem.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
ShineOn
ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShineOn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
The TOC is displayed every time within 3 seconds, without additional tap: vote for "I don't have this problem."
Yes. me too.. I don't have this problem
TOC displayed quickly.

settings: Wi-Fi off, no SD card, spanish language
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope didn't have the problem. Have a ton of files on my device of all sorts PDF, epub, kepub, png, both sideloaded and direct download as well as the free ebooks from kobo.com.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
John F
Grand Sorcerer

I only have two screens of books before I delete the book. One page after I delete the book. I only have side loaded epubs on the device.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I don't have this or any problems with 1.9.17 - personally I'm thrilled after having my fair share (maybe more than my share!!) of problems with the previous version.

I really don't mean to gloat and all those who are currently having problems you do have my sympathy because I know EXACTLY how you feel.

What I can't understand is why some people have not had any issues, some have minor inconveniences and others find that their device is almost useless! Then an upgrade will make some people's issues go away, others will see no difference and then some poor people start or continue to experience major problems.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:25 AM   #14
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

OK, I have tried this. TOC opened every time in about 3-7 seconds, no problems. KT updated to 1.9.17 from 1.9.16. I have done "Reset to factory defaults"
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #15
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you everyone for trying.