Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-14-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
captdavid
captdavid began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire HD 9.8
downloading problems!

I'm frustrated, so bear with me. I have a new fireHD, not the x. I want to download books to it from my computer I have windows xp. I have my books in a program called 'Caliber.' When I load books on my original fire, I attach it using the charger connection. I then turn off the fire and turn it back on. when it boots back up, and I open it, it goes to a "you can transfer books" mode. I then down load the books, it takes seconds, and then I hit disconnect use my carousel . When I try this with my new fireHD it misses that intermittent step and goes directly to my carousel. what's wrong? dp
captdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The FireHD is not recognised by Calibre as it uses the MTP protocol for the USB link and this is not supported by Calibre on XP.

The workaround is to use the 'Connect to Folder' feature of Calibre or to download via a web browser on the FireHD from the Calibre Content Server.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by captdavid View Post
I'm frustrated, so bear with me. I have a new fireHD, not the x. I want to download books to it from my computer I have windows xp.
Check out this section of the FAQ. Since you use Windows XP the Note in grey under the Using a USB cable area applies to you. You're wireless options are listed in the Over The Air area of this same section.

Personally I use the Calibre Companion app option to wirelessly connect my tablet to calibre as a device and transfer my books via that app.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote