Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
ayrapetov
ayrapetov began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100
Cyrillic and the REB1100

Hello everyone. Several years ago I bought an REB1100 and a friend helped me put Cyrillic characters on it, specifically, it let me read russian ebooks. Unfortunately now my reb1100 has broken, and I was considering buying another off ebay. The problem is I don't know anyway to put russian charecters on the reb1100 myself. I came across several sites but they were all dead links. Specifically this site:

http://www.inna-grafics.narod.ru/reb1100/reb1100.htm

Is there any way in the present time to hack to the reb1100 to put russian fonts on it?

Also, I saw that there was a way to put russian charecters on the sony 500 ebooks reader. Is it possible to do the same with the 505? I saw that there were some ways to do it, but they required changing formats and whatnot, and with the quantity of books I read that doesn't work for me.

I am open to any ideas at this point. Is there any ebook reader that will let me read russian ebooks without a hassle?

Thanks for all your help.
ayrapetov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrapetov View Post

I am open to any ideas at this point. Is there any ebook reader that will let me read russian ebooks without a hassle?

Thanks for all your help.
The Cybook has downloadable fonts that should work for you. I suggest you email Bookeen to make sure.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
ayrapetov
ayrapetov began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100
The cybook does not have a backlight, which is a problem. I like to read at night. That is a huge downside, especially when it costs 350.
ayrapetov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrapetov View Post
The cybook does not have a backlight, which is a problem. I like to read at night. That is a huge downside, especially when it costs 350.
The 1100 is good from that respect. I have an 1150 and it is also good from that respect. By the way, the Russians use the 1150 a lot so they must have Cyrillic support. It is a current machine that can be purchased from ebookwise.

I know the 1100 has download font support so it can be done but I don't have one. I actually think it is pretty easy to do.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
Tuk
Tuk began at the beginning.

Device: reb 1100
If you read Russian, you have a sipmle way to have cyrillic here:

http://jim.pp.ru/ebook/?sid=&cat=2&page=48

For more complicated one you should follow the link from the same page.
Tuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert