Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 06:31 AM   #1
walleeva
walleeva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
K3 Screen Problem

Hi everyone,

I've been using a K3 with 3.0.2 firmware for more than a month and I love it so much. But recently my K3's screen has some problems. When I read it under the sun the background of the screen becomes dark, blurry with many tiny black spots, then if I hit some keys on the keyboards the screen becomes normal but the problem will come back in a minute or two. Then If I turn my K3 off and leave it for couple of hours the problem will disappear. And sometimes it comes back again (quite often), not only when I read under the sun but also very randomly, quite annoying.

I wonder is that a normal problem? Or my K3 is faulty? Should I call Amazon? If my K3 is faulty, is that possible that they will send me a replacement? ( I'm in Australia). Thanks
walleeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
Acorn
Connoisseur
Acorn is on a distinguished road

It would help a lot if you posted a photograph of the problem.
Acorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
From some one that has spend most his life doing electronic troubleshooting and repair. This sounds like the kindle's electronics is over heating. More than likely this is a defect and your kindle needs to be replaced. It is heading into your summer so that is adding to it. I live in Texas and I have had my kindle since September and not seen that issue and we have had a hot October.
cvkemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Past kindles have had problems in sunlight (not this particular problem, quite--I think it was the screen fading to white) and Amazon has replaced them promptly and without argument.

I think you should call Amazon support--I expect they will want to replace this one too.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
walleeva
walleeva began at the beginning.

I forgot to capture the screen when the problem occurs, will do it next time and show you. It happens very randomly now, even without sunlight so I'm not sure what is the cause. I will contact amazon support. Thanks guys
walleeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert