Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
Mikeloftus
Mikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony Prs T1
PRS T1 image ghosting.

Hi All,

Only had my PRS T1 a few days and on the whole I am happy with it. It is my first E-reader and so I am still getting used to the technology so I apologise in advance for my apparent stupidity!

Is "ghosting" normal? Its not a major issue and I know it does happen, but with it being my first reader I am still getting used to the technology. Its not so much a problem on books, however on the main menus and things it is definitely noticeable.

Am i right in thinking this is just a limitation of the technology and not a specific problem with the Sony Reader?

Cheers,

Mike
Mikeloftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I've noticed some slight ghosting since the last firmware update not enough to really annoy me or anything but I think it's refreshing the pages a bit faster so that may be the cause. I think it's trade off.

I only notice the ghosting when I go from the homescreen into a book I can very slightly see the cover thumbnails until I turn a page again.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Completely normal.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
As far as I know, the Sony is the only reader that is plagued with both full screen refresh (flash to black when you turn every page) *and* ghosting.... With everyone else, it's one or other.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote