Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
Dullahir
Zealot
Dullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Android
About merging Ebooks?

Okay, so I think I want to try doing this so that I can form ebook collections.

But before I do:

Will it look similar to the archives that PDF collections use?

If not, is it possible to add a Table of Contents so that we can jump to whatever book?
Also, is adding to a collection at a later date supported?

Also:

Is there a way to preserve metadata when adding books from File Name, not File Contents? I'd rather not re-download everything that's already there. :/

Last edited by Dullahir; 02-27-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Dullahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullahir View Post
Okay, so I think I want to try doing this so that I can form ebook collections.

But before I do:

Will it look similar to the archives that PDF collections use?
I have no idea, since PDFs frequently look horrible on small ereaders I have always avoided them.

Quote:
If not, is it possible to add a Table of Contents so that we can jump to whatever book?

Also, is adding to a collection at a later date supported?
Currently the only ebooks you can merge via calibre are epubs using the Epubmerge Plugin. A quick view of the first post in the Epubmerge plugin thread indicates you can have a TOC so you can jump to each book and you can add a book at at a later date.

For an idea of what other plugins are available have a look at the Index of plugins sticky post at the top of the Plugins forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

Also:

Is there a way to preserve metadata when adding books from File Name, not File Contents? I'd rather not re-download everything that's already there. :/
??
Add? As in add another format to an existing entry (Including an 'Empty Book')?
''
Just Drag the file onto the 'Details' pane (or the Formats pane in the Metadata editor) for the book, the get Metadata process is bypassed.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote