Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
stethorn
Connoisseur
stethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo
Strange Dot

I've gone and bugged my self when putting the backlight on full to see if it affects the battery, I noticed a vary small grey dot. Its a lot lighter and smaller than the text. Was hoping it was just e ink and refreshing the page would get rid of it, but no. I only noticed it as I was at the end of a chapter and only had a few lines of text on the page. The dot is on the bottom 2 lines (using the smallest text possible). When the light is on Min you have to look real hard to see it.
Its not affecting the reading experience, but just bugging me now I know its there. I am just concerned it could be dust in the screen and this could get worse, etc. Only had the reader so could take it back to store, but I could end up with a worse reader.

Thanks in advance

Ste
stethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That sounds like a bright spot. They are a manufacturing defect. Luckily, they aren't that common. I have no idea if they get worse as I think everyone returns it and gets another one. I had two in my first Glo, but had no problems exchanging it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
stethorn
Connoisseur
stethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That sounds like a bright spot. They are a manufacturing defect. Luckily, they aren't that common. I have no idea if they get worse as I think everyone returns it and gets another one. I had two in my first Glo, but had no problems exchanging it.
Its not bright though, its just a light grey dot. Just looks like someone has put a pencil mark on the screen
Old 02-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stethorn View Post
Its not bright though, its just a light grey dot. Just looks like someone has put a pencil mark on the screen
Have you tried rubbing it out with an eraser?

It might just be a tiny splash of dried up water or something on top of the screen (so the outside)... If it's dark and not bright, it must be dampening the light, so it must be above the light layer.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
stethorn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Have you tried rubbing it out with an eraser?

It might just be a tiny splash of dried up water or something on top of the screen (so the outside)... If it's dark and not bright, it must be dampening the light, so it must be above the light layer.
Tried rubbing it off, no joy. It looks like its under the screen. Its hardly noticeable, just annoying I know its there.
Advert