Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
bookworm65
bookworm65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1, Voyage
calibre won't load due to AV

I am having problems with Calibre loading. I have Kaspersky IS 2010. But when I try and load up Calibre the CPU usage for KI spikes to around 90%+ resulting in Calibre not loading.
If I then exit KI Calibre loads. Now this is hardly the way to go, having to basically disable my AV system every single time I wish to use Calibre.
Does anyone have a clue as to why this happens?
I don't really want to have to remove and reinstall Calibre, as I have only just got it to install after 4 fails over the last couple of weeks.
bookworm65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Why not set the AV software to exclude Calibre from AV checks rather than disabling it? Calibre can open thousands of files during load, so if the AV software is interfering with this making it ignore calibre sounds like the only way forward.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert