Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
lillianrose
lillianrose began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, need help with Calibre

Hi, I just went in to Calibre to read a book it's an epub book and it has an error message "Could not open book" "file is not a zip file" can someone help me. Just a warning I am very computer illiterate. But please help. As I can't access my files.
lillianrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
if the file extension is .zip (last part of file name) try opening the original zip, extracting the epub, or dragging and dropping the epub to calibre.
Of course it could be a corrupted file in which case you should be able to get another from the provider.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
lillianrose
lillianrose began at the beginning.

Device: none
Helen, thank you so much for responding, but I restarted Calibre and it's fine now, not sure what happened, but thank you so much for trying to help me.
lillianrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Glad it's working.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote