Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Trying to navigate a multi-book bundle

Can't seem to do it. My Game of Thrones 4 book bundle has been downloaded to the Kobo app on the Vox. I'm into the 4th volume on my Sony reader, page 3398.

First of all, I don't like the way the Kobo app only displays page numbers per chapter. So if I'm reading a certain chapter that's 20 pages long, it will show what page I'm on out of 20, not in the entire book.

I also absolutely cannot navigate to the 4th volume at all on the Vox. I can't get there through the table of contents either. I guess I'll finish the series on my Sony.

Pretty weird method of navigation with the Kobo app, don't know why anyone would set it up that way.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
There was a book that I didn't like the how it navigated in the Kobo, but downloaded the Adilko(SP) app and it seems to work better in there. There are instructions to that library tool in the posts about "best apps"
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
I actually just finished downloading that multi-set and found a way for you. It's a bit tedious, but if you go to contents just keep scrolling down and you'll see the titles of the books then chapters within each book going passed. When you get to Feast for Crows it'll be there, and if you know which chapter you're on choose it that way. The 'table of contents' within the table of contents is just a page of the multi-book.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup, I've also been reading "The Bible in 90 Days" and I can't navigate anywhere in that one either with the Kobo app. I think I won't be using this app other than to purchase Kobo books, if this is how it's going to be. I mean, basically, where you could tap on a highlighted or underlined text in the Sony and you would be taken to that page, this doesn't happen with the Kobo app. This basically makes any eBooks such as a Bible impossible to navigate. Even if you tap the center of the screen and use the slider to advance through the chapter you're on, once you reach the end of that chapter, you cannot navigate to the next one.

If this is the way the Kobo app behaves on all devices, I don't know why anyone would use it for reading.

Unless I'm missing something here...

But wow, this is pretty bad! I'm glad this wasn't my first exposure to e-reading.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
Jesslynne
Zealot

It just did so for me, I did it before posting here. I wasn't buying the series to read so much as to have on my device. I've already read quite a few books on Kobo, though I'm only officially on my second on the Vox.

Hit the middle of the screen, in top right corner go to the multi-line one, next to the open book and yeah it's tedious to scroll through all of it.. but keep scrolling down to the one you want and select it. It'll load, and take you there.
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslynne View Post
I actually just finished downloading that multi-set and found a way for you. It's a bit tedious, but if you go to contents just keep scrolling down and you'll see the titles of the books then chapters within each book going passed. When you get to Feast for Crows it'll be there, and if you know which chapter you're on choose it that way. The 'table of contents' within the table of contents is just a page of the multi-book.
Yes, got it! Thank you!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
Jesslynne
Zealot

Oh great. No problem. Ignore my last post, thought you were replying to me.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I'm reading a bookthat is ver, very long--1Q84--and I just go by the % read. You get used to it. Amazon was like that at one point--not sure if it still is. If it drives you nuts, you can always convert it to an epub and sideload it.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslynne View Post
Oh great. No problem. Ignore my last post, thought you were replying to me.
Actually, your post was the one that helped me sort it out. Got the Bible in 90 days thing sorted out, too.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #10
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Coming from a Nook I was also really frustrated at first that Kobo didn't give me the total pages in a book. I even like to know how big a book is when I first open it. Not knowing takes me one further step away from a physical book, which you know how big it is almost before opening it. (I also wish the Kobo app gave me the time at the top, but I'm sure most people DON'T want to see the time when they're reading).

But, you get used to it. And hopefully it has made me less of a compulsive reader. (I do enjoy jumping over to my reading stats to see how many pages I've "turned" in the current book and how long it has taken me to read the book so far. And with a little math, it isn't too hard to figure out how long the book is.)
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #11
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I usually open the book at least once in ADE on my computer (after having downloaded the ePub for backup purposes) and have a general idea how long the book is. If I want to measure progress, I open up my current page in ADE and see I'm on page 138 of 355 or whatever.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote