Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
nelson7lim
Connoisseur
nelson7lim began at the beginning.

Device: nook
which e reader to buy for places like Singapore in Asia?

i am looking to get my hands on an e reader. but i realize a lot of it are only available online. can anyone suggest me a few that can be used in Asia, Singapore?
nelson7lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
They can all be used overseas. Some require a bit of slight of hand to download books from the sanctioned website. All of them can have books side loaded on them.

If you are looking for a an ebook reader that you can buy books from the sanctioned store (Amazon, Borders, B&N, Sony) then you should check each devices availability.

I checked the K3, it is saying that it cannot be shipped to Singapore and that you cannot buy Kindle books in Singapore.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson7lim View Post
i am looking to get my hands on an e reader. but i realize a lot of it are only available online. can anyone suggest me a few that can be used in Asia, Singapore?
Hi nelson7lim,

Did you look at PocketBook models? We ship to Singapore and many happy clients came through this forum

Thanks,
Tatiana
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
nelson7lim
Connoisseur
nelson7lim began at the beginning.

Device: nook
oh.. i heard kindle has been a problem for Singaporeans. how about nook? i'm really interested on getting a nook.
nelson7lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #5
whiz16
whiz16 began at the beginning.

Device: sony
kindle thread in singapore forums is quite active... you need very roundabout/detour ways to get ur hands on a kindle and buy kindle books but it can be done , regardless of amazon not selling to us haha...

getting nook and buying from b&n is also same diffculty as amazon when you are in singapore.

so i guess u are better off with readers that support buying from 3rd party stores like smash words / baen /fictionwise / ebook.com. plus singapore library has overdrive that lends free ebooks... so its better to get a reader that can support DRM-epub or DRM pdfs

Last edited by whiz16; 08-04-2010 at 12:13 AM.
whiz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The Nook does not sell outside of the US and you will not be able to get books on it from B&N without a work around.

You probably she decide what features you are most interested and make your decision based on that.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote