Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Billbyte
Billbyte began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Book Designer codp Pages

I have been using Book Designer now for a while for a quick and dirty way to get html with standard H1..H3 headings standard format of paragraphs - It works great. But... Book Designer always comes up and defaults to Cyrillic Windows code page and I don't have the diacritical/accent marks of the original unless I change the page to Western European. Is there anywhere to change the default codepage to Western European? Many thanks for any assistance that you may be able provide..
Billbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Go to the settings page and select the apropriate language before importing your text.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
Billbyte
Billbyte began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
The Settings page has English as the default language. Book Designer Blank html has Western European as the default code page. After opening a html file which is in english
the File Menu Book Encoding has Cyrillic (Windows) selected and if I save the formatted html the diacritics and accents are now Cyrillic. It is as though Book Designer defaults to Cyrillic output no matter what. I wonder if its because it is coupled with Word and the original designers Word being Russian is Cyrillic?
Billbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:03 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
To me that looks like a bug in Book Designer. It is not that difficuly to put the export to UTF-8, which is highly recommended.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote