Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Sony PRS 350 $129 with free lighted cover

P. C. Richard and Son is offering the PRS 350 for $129.97, with no shipping or tax. It doesn't show on the web site, but when I added the reader to the cart, the lighted cover appeared with "Discount: One FREE" in the price column.

http://searchresults.pcrichard.com/s...prs350&x=0&y=0
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Awesome! For that price, I'm going to try one out!
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Perfect! I was planning on getting my niece a reader as a present, now I can get her the cover as well. I wish this sale had been on when I bought my reader.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow, this seems like a great deal. I wish I had an extra $130.
Anyone want to donate towards my child's reading education? :-)
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sign up for their email newsletter and you will get a $15 off $100 coupon....I might have to go for this....

http://www.pcrichard.com/user/subscribe.jsp

UPDATE:

<sigh> I'm weak. I couldn't resist.. just picked the reader and case up at my local PC Richards.
Came out to about $124 after tax with the coupon.
They said they would honor the deal in store without having to go through the website...I wish I had known because it took 30 minutes of phone calls to get the web order straightened out and I'm still not sure they reversed the double charge on my credit card yet.

Anyway...off to the Sony forum to look at hacks....then off to Google to look up impulse-buying counseling.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 03-30-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Just so people know:

The deal's officially over. The cart won't update to show the free case, the price of the reader is back to $179.99 and there's no point in going to individual stores to ask for the deal either.

Probably for the best, as PC Richard can be shady. Personally, I only buy from them by going to the physical store, paying cash and testing the product before I leave, as there have been reports of that store making double charges on credit cards that are nigh impossible to remove. For more on that subject, look them up on Ripoff Report.

For those who are still interested in PC Richard deals, keep in mind that they only last through Saturday and are promptly taken down at midnight.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
ApK

While that's probably true about PC Richards, it's sadly true for just about all appliance chains. I've had better luck at my local PC Richards the few times I've shopped there then many other options in my area. And though I DID have a problem for a while with the charge for my reader purchase, which I confirmed was resolved properly within a few hours, I must say that everyone I dealt with, from the phone reps to the people in the store, were VERY pleasant to deal with.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I agree that Richard's customer service is generally pleasant to your face (and voice), and I agree their deals can be persuasive. I'm only saying that their reassurances are often false (as when they assure you a store will honor a web deal if you simply visit) and that they have a history of putting incorrect charges on people's cards which are sometimes difficult to remove. People who try to negotiate deals past the zero hour of a sale should be aware of that, and I tend to think it's safer to show up at their physical store with cash.

But I still think the deal you pointed out on this thread was amazing and I thank you for posting about it. I also hope you'll post about your experience with the PRS350 and case once you receive them.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote