Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Cover Browser reflection (+other oddities)

Is there any way disable the bottom reflection thing on the cover browser? I would be even more grateful for an option to set its opacity. As I do like the feature, but find the reflection in its current config a little obnoxious.

I find if I resize the cover browser to a large size so I can see the books on the left and right, the reflection doesn't really bother me. But I don't like having the browser take up that much real estate. When it's at a fair size, you don't see the side books at all, and I find the mirror effect kind of strange/distracting in this circumstance.

I know this is a purely cosmetic thing, and obviously not a huge deal in the grand scheme on things, I just wanted to bring it up and see how other people feel about it. So... thoughts?

On a side note: I've also noticed that when you make the browser near the minimum size before it collapses to the right, the covers are truncated on the sides. Wouldn't it be more desirable to scale the images down a little to avoid truncating?
I've also noticed that in this minimum size, when you flip through covers clockwise (new covers flying in from the left), that there is a brief period that the browser just goes black, before the image settles from its motion. Strangely, this doesn't seem to happen when going in the other direction... Bug?
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The next release will have reflections reduced to half the cover height and higher quaility rendering.

I also don't see the black thing with the new half reflection code, so check it in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert