Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Custom Font Question

I notice that 5 custom fonts seems to be the limit in PP's MOBI Reader. Which is alot compare to other e-readers I'm not complaining seeing EPUB uses just 1. But I am currently switching back and forth between fonts while reading different books. I was wondering if anyone here has figure out how the reader decides which 5 user fonts it loads first or is it just chosen randomly? I tried naming them in order 1,2 ,3...etc and that didn't work then I thought maybe it read by internal font name but that doesn't seem to be case either. I have about 8 fonts installed but of course it only sees 5 of them when reading a MOBI book. I like to pick which 5 it loads and keep the others on there instead of adding and removing them each time I change my mind which is alot. lol

So how do you organize your custom fonts in your EZReader?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Blossom needs your advice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I notice that 5 custom fonts seems to be the limit in PP's MOBI Reader. Which is alot compare to other e-readers I'm not complaining seeing EPUB uses just 1. But I am currently switching back and forth between fonts while reading different books. I was wondering if anyone here has figure out how the reader decides which 5 user fonts it loads first or is it just chosen randomly? I tried naming them in order 1,2 ,3...etc and that didn't work then I thought maybe it read by internal font name but that doesn't seem to be case either. I have about 8 fonts installed but of course it only sees 5 of them when reading a MOBI book. I like to pick which 5 it loads and keep the others on there instead of adding and removing them each time I change my mind which is alot. lol

So how do you organize your custom fonts in your EZReader?
Dear Blossom:

I cannot answer this question as I am Bus. Development and not tech support. But, I know there are plenty of people on here who can likely answer. I have seen your email and let us see who answers first. I will keep watching responses.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Need The Ducks and Wallcraft here!!

Please see if someone can answer Blossom's question!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Please see if someone can answer Blossom's question!!
Sorry, I avoided this by using Calibre and EPUB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thank you Robert.
I have a habit of asking questions no else does or knows the answers to. so I didn't expect a immediate answer.

I think I've come up with a solution for now. I made a folder inside the fonts folder and put the extra fonts in there. The reader doesn't seem to see the extra fonts this way and I can pick the 5 I want to load without moving fonts on and off the card when I want to change my set of fonts I just move them in and out of the subfolder. I notice no ill effects doing it this way so far.

I hope you and everyone at Astak have a nice weekend. I've never seen a company who deserve it more then you guys!

I'm already raving about the Pocket Pro to all my bookworm friends and got two who are very interested in the Pocket Pro.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-12-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Spell Check is my friend. ;)
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert