Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #21361
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
So I think I am going to take a chance on that Amazon mug I linked to earlier and one of the Peet's samplers. Any objections?
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #21362
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Not if you buy me one too

I'm going to wander down to Tealish on Queen St to see what all they have...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #21363
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
So I think I am going to take a chance on that Amazon mug I linked to earlier and one of the Peet's samplers. Any objections?
Not at all. I get about 1/2 of my teas from them. Their prices are reasonable, and their teas of good quality, generally. For special teas, I often look beyond them, however. And the Amazon mug looked fine.

Enjoy!

Done with tea for the day - any more caffeine and I'll pay tonight. So a bit of diet coke for the moment.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #21364
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Not if you buy me one too

I'm going to wander down to Tealish on Queen St to see what all they have...
You might want to take a run to Capital Tea. They're on Yonge Street in Richmond Hill. I've gotten quite a few teas from them and been pleased by the quality and prices, along with the clarity about exactly what they are selling.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #21365
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Come
And talk of all the things we did today
Hear
And laugh about our funny little ways
While we have a few minutes to breathe
Then I know that it's time you must leave

But darling be home soon
I couldn't bear to wait an extra minute if you dawdled
My darling be home soon
It's not just these few hours but I've been waiting since I toddled
For the great relief of having you to talk to

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBXPo...eature=related )

Good morning, all! And to those observing Yum Kippur, may you be written into the Book of Life for another year. There is a cup of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea for me this morning, some grilled chicken breast and miso soup to get me going. It's going to be an easy day today, taking a bike ride instead of a hard walk. I'll let my leg muscles rest for a day, and it's sunny, warm, and the perfect day for a motorcycle ride along the river. Maybe I'll swing up through the tea gardens near Uji, and see if I can find a few more tea berries. The Twin is growing bigger and stronger every day, but I think she needs a sister...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #21366
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero in my cup.

I cooked the fast-breaking supper last night. Chicken soup with matzo dumplings, followed by rice with chicken & cashew nut stir-fry. I'm pleased to say that the dumplings turned out really well - I was slightly worried that I might lift the lift and find it had all turned into a thin gruel .
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:51 AM   #21367
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Coke Zero in my cup.

I cooked the fast-breaking supper last night. Chicken soup with matzo dumplings, followed by rice with chicken & cashew nut stir-fry. I'm pleased to say that the dumplings turned out really well - I was slightly worried that I might lift the lift and find it had all turned into a thin gruel .
I remember the matzo ball soup my grandmother used to make... heavy as a bowling ball on the spoon but light as a feather in the mouth! Nice memory. She kept Kosher except for once or twice a year when she would have what she called 'sea chicken' (lobster.) About 4 1/2 feet tall, hardly spoke any English (it was all Yiddish) and boy could she cook! Married at age 14....

I'm having an afternoon cup of Yorkshire tea and snacking on a package of fake crab legs. The whole package is only 110 calories and almost pure protein. A nice relaxing day...

Stitchawl
Old 09-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #21368
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
A cup of Sencha at work. Contemplating when to have my yogurt or if I should have the apple first. I find that I eat more when I am working but I pack mostly healthy stuff so I am not overly bothered by it. The pita chips for my hummus is the only thing I would say is not great for me.

In my food bag today, a Healthy Choice baked pasta thing I am trying, a steamable bag of veggies, an apple, a greek yogurt, a cup of carrots, a cup of pita chips, a small thing of hummus (single serving package), an 8 ounce juice, and an 8 ounce chocolate milk. More calories then Stitchwal takes in all day but well balanced and about 1,100 calories. I guess that I take in around 1,800 calories a day. I don't eat much for dinner and I have cereal and juice for breakfast.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #21369
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Probably healthier than my breakfast and/or lunch today. Well, actually, the lunch will be fine -- a bit of leftover lamb shoulder braised in onions, garlic and wine served over jasmine rice -- more rice than lamb. But breakfast was my usual home cured bacon and eggs from my chickens. While that's pretty much as good as it can be and be what it is, I really do eat more cured meat than is absolutely desirable. The one thing I can say in mitigation, however, is that nothing I eat is processed food. We make it all from known ingredients.

In my cup: Anniversary Breakfast Blend
Old 09-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #21370
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Nothing. I should remedy that.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #21371
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I like the way your sparkling earrings lay,
Against your skin, it's so brown.
And I wanna sleep with you in the desert tonight
With a billion stars all around.

'Cause I got a peaceful easy feeling,
And I know you won't let me down
'cause I'm already standing on the ground.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imhDevlc9OM )

Good morning, everyone! It's the very last Friday of 2012's September. It will never be back so let's make the most of it! I can't decide whether to take a motorcycle ride or go for a hill walk. It' just that sort of morning. I feel good. Plenty of energy, but the weather is so nice that getting my face into the wind on my bike is enticing. I've been drinking Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea today, while eating a small bowl of rice, sashimi, and veggies. Probably 300 calories all together. Hmmm.... That may have just clinched it... When I walk down the hill from the area where I took that last photo, I'll be near a shop that sells clothing in American sizes. I need a new set of pants. Everything I've been wearing lately has to get pleated to stay up! I think a couple of pair of Dickies work pants are in order... two sizes down.

Stitchawl
Old 09-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #21372
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I even got up extra early for today's walk, and walked twice as far as I have in the past. I'm a bit bummed as I didn't reach the goal that I set for this weekend's weight. I missed by half a kilo. I do NOT deal well with my not reaching set goals... I will not let that happen again.
Have you considered that your weight loss might be being counterbalanced by the muscle mass you are accruing through your exercise? As we all know, muscle weighs more than fat.

I have plateaued over the last few days, and not lost anything, which is irritating, though as I don't have a specific deadline to reach my target, it's not a real problem. I still want to lose at least another half a stone (7 pounds).

Consequently, a diet shake in my glass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I got an offer letter for a new job. Well, it is actually my old job with a new company.
Good news Prof. Hope the location turns out to be what you want.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #21373
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Have you considered that your weight loss might be being counterbalanced by the muscle mass you are accruing through your exercise? As we all know, muscle weighs more than fat.
Yes, that is happening now. The weight isn't dripping off me any more but my shape is changing radically. I went out shopping for new pants today as all my old ones can only stay up with suspenders (braces to you.) If I try to just tighten my belt, the waistline pleats up like crazy! But my 'love handles' are disappearing, (which are above my belt line,) my thighs are increasing as is my chest size. My waist can now fit into a men's medium shirt without straining the buttons, but my shoulders and chest have never been anything but Men's Large.

I'd like to lose another seven kilo, but I don't think that's going to happen before I leave for our paragliding trip. I'm more than happy with the weight I've already shed, but I'm really tickled pink about the fact that I can now march at a quick pace up a really steep hill for 3k and not feel as if my heart is going to explode. Hell, I had been at the point where two flights of stairs was almost doing me in. Now I can climb 12 flights and just be a bit winded and feel the burn in my legs.

I've added another 200 protein calories to my daily consumption, just because of the muscle growth. I'm up to about 700-1,000 per day. No loss of energy, good muscle growth, great endurance, and steady but diminishing weight loss as my body fat reduces. I just hope that I have the motivation to keep this up AFTER the paragliding school...

Stitchawl
Old 09-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #21374
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sounds great!

Hubby and I decided that if Lucas wakes up before 1 AM, I take it. After 1 AM he takes it. Of course the kid decides to wake up at 12:50. (sigh) At least it was the only time he woke up last night. He has been eating a ton, went from 5 feedings for two weeks to 7 or 8 for most of this week, and been pretty cranky in the evening. I think it is a growth spurt or a developmental thing. I am refusing to believe that he is pissed about Mom working and eating for comfort. He is three months old not 3 years old.

Had some OJ with my breakfast this morning. I am drinking some Rooibos on the drive to the office. Headed to get some water in the near future here.

Thank god it is Friday.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #21375
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Hubby and I decided that if Lucas wakes up before 1 AM, I take it. After 1 AM he takes it.
I highly recommend taking turns night by night, rather than splitting the night. That way at least one of you is awake every day, rather than both of you being sleep deprived after a bad night.

Coke Zero #3 in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?