Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Kobo Mini font/line spacing problem

I recently bought a Kobo mini and have noticed problems with books containing hard coded font sizes and line spacing in stylesheet.css.

The mini refuses to change the font size and/or the line spacing. To be expecte perhaps, but the Sony readers and the calibre ebook viewer just pretend they are not there and change at least the font size with no problem.

On the mini the font size will not change and you have big gaps between lines no matter what.

I can get around this by converting to mobi and back to epub, but wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the filter style information settings in the conversion dialog to remove font size specifications from the document while doing an epub to epub conversion.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does not work to remove hard coded font sizes. I use this option a lot fr removing embedded fonts but it does not seem to change the "font-size: x.xxxxx em;" lines.

I just downloaded 9.7 and no change.

I can manually delete these lines, change them to 1em, or convert to mobi and back to epub.

These all work, but using the filter style information does not work for me in this particular area.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

Thanks
Helen
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you enter font-size in the Other CSS properties field?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard

No I didn't. Actually I have no idea how to do that.

I was looking for a one step solution which is a bit much to ask as it only seems to pertain to the kobo mini.

Really appreciate your replies.

Helen
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

This is a one step solution. Just put font-size into the other css properties box in the filter styles section.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard

Thank you.
That seems to work. I will backup my library and put it as my conversion default.

You are a swell and patient guy.

helen