Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: SONY Touch PRS-650, Nook HD, Kobo H2O Kobo Aura ONE LE
Question How does the Nook HD work with Calibre loaded content?

the only ereader i have ever owned is the Sony Touch Edition, but this Christmas i'm pretty sure my sister will be buying me the Nook HD. i've heard that Calibre works differently with Nook readers than Sony and i was curious as to what.

one of the things i've read about is that nook does not recognize the series tags you assign in Calibre. i'm very dependant on the series, author, status, and pairing tags i assign the fanfics i downloaded since i have over 1000 fanfics currently downloaded (not including the public domain epubs) is this an issue only with the earlier nook readers or is it continued with the current ones?

and the covers i created, i read that sideloaded content does not keep the covers, is this true and if so, is there a way to get the cover to show in the reader?

does the page curl animation work with sideloaded content or only barnes and noble bought books?

and how does the nook HD's SD Card work with the reader and calibre? i've read that books on the SD Card don't show in collections (or whatever it's called on the nook)

and if there's anything else i've missed that differs between Nook and Sony when it comes to Calibre loaded content, please let me know.
Rika24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, nook, sideloaded, sideloading, sony