Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Chapters/Indigo now taking Kobo Arc pre-orders online

I'm not sure when this started (Kobo Arc pre-orders were "coming soon" every time I checked before today), but the Kobo Arc is now showing as pre-orderable on Chapters/Indigo's website: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...2030-item.html

A reminder that the Arc's storage has been bumped up (16GB for $199.99, 32GB for $249.99, and a new 64GB $299.99 SKU). With the ability to get 64GB out of the box at a reasonable price, I'm no longer particularly concerned about the lack of SD card support.

Just pre-ordered one for my partner now. Each size is available in either black or silver, too.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
I'm not sure when this started (Kobo Arc pre-orders were "coming soon" every time I checked before today), but the Kobo Arc is now showing as pre-orderable on Chapters/Indigo's website: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ereadi...2030-item.html

A reminder that the Arc's storage has been bumped up (16GB for $199.99, 32GB for $249.99, and a new 64GB $299.99 SKU). With the ability to get 64GB out of the box at a reasonable price, I'm no longer particularly concerned about the lack of SD card support.

Just pre-ordered one for my partner now. Each size is available in either black or silver, too.
My Tab is 32 gb without SD card support and after almost a year, I can say that it is enough for me... 64 gb would be great for someone saving a lot of videos to their tablet and $299 is definitely a great price for that much storage!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
My Tab is 32 gb without SD card support and after almost a year, I can say that it is enough for me... 64 gb would be great for someone saving a lot of videos to their tablet and $299 is definitely a great price for that much storage!
I must admit that I do wonder if my partner will need all 64GB, but I feel the need to buy it because I can't add it later. And the extra cost seems reasonable compared to how much the competition charges for an extra 32GB of storage.

Sucks that I bought her a huge microSD card for her Vox, though, that we no longer can use in that device. Oh well, perhaps we'll get a Windows 8 tablet that accepts microSD, that would make everything alright again.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote