Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #211
sarasa1
Enthusiast
sarasa1 began at the beginning.

Device: KT and iPhone
Also, yay for new awards hopefully coming soon. Though tbh, i'd be happy with cryptic hints as to how to earn some of the ones on the website that just say "spoiler alert".. Also, i'm not convinced they all work in the UK, unless someone can prove me wrong?
sarasa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #212
foxfire
Enthusiast
foxfire began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do you get the keener award?
foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #213
PiersS
Enthusiast
PiersS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire View Post
How do you get the keener award?
Something to do with magazines..

PiersS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #214
pointpixie
pointpixie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Missing Book Lover

I can't unlock the Book Lover award (of all things) for some reason. I have almost all of the other badges (including Juggernaut - yay!) and my KT says I'm logged in to my account, etc. I've had my KT for quite some time and never really noticed before now, so of course now that I've noticed it's driving me nuts! Any suggestions??
pointpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #215
PiersS
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointpixie View Post
I can't unlock the Book Lover award (of all things) for some reason. I have almost all of the other badges (including Juggernaut - yay!) and my KT says I'm logged in to my account, etc. I've had my KT for quite some time and never really noticed before now, so of course now that I've noticed it's driving me nuts! Any suggestions??
IIRC Book Lover is a glitched award that they haven't fixed .. you'd have to go back through the older posts, but I don't know if anyone has it
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #216
foxfire
Enthusiast

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTots View Post
I got Juggernaut this morning!!!!! I'm so happy, my DD had deleted the app from my phone when I was about 86% complete, and I had to start again
I also got Total closer, total recall, classic, the end, and all you can eat today!! although AYKE comes and goes... lol

I'm not able to get lost in Austen, or Fanatic. I have 'read' both Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, as well as 3 other books by Jane Austen. Are these bugs?
You need to read 5 Austin books. Or at least I think you do. I've read 3 and am 60% thru that one.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #217
foxfire
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasa1 View Post
Woo, finally managed to get the Fully loaded on iphone (it doesnt work on the KT).. thanks for the links to websites.. i'm guessings the pdfs and ebooks i was trying it with were just the wrong type!

However, classic attack still eludes me. Have tried wiping off all the books in my iphone and KT library, and reloading books and rereading them, but no change. Any suggestions?
It can't be any issue of the required classics. I read Alice in Wonderland but it was the wrong one so it didn't count.....I read all 5 but there is something wrong somewhere and I am only ay 80%
Old 02-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #218
foxfire
Enthusiast

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiersS View Post
Austen, it's a shame, I've read 3 or 4 of them already, but maybe just pageturn through the ones I've already read.. I wonder if they impose a time limit minimum, so that people don't just take 10-15 minutes to tap their screen 500 times for an award..

Classic Attack: This is the list I'm going with.. (just Pride and Prejudice to go)
I've read all 5 and I am still one short......
Old 02-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #219
foxfire
Enthusiast

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasa1 View Post
I'm new to the Kobo, and i have both a KT and the app on my iphone. i've managed to get 27 awards on my KT. Is that all of them available for the KT atm?

The one's i'm really struggling to get are the Fully Loaded.. i'm sure i side loaded some PDFs and ePUBs, and it didn't seem to trigger it. Do you need to side load a certain number of books? or is it just that i have the method wrong? Any ideas?!

Also, struggling to get the Classic Attack.. like a lot of others, it seems, i deleted the five classic books off my kobo, but having looked on here, i've redownloaded them and reread them all, and it will only give me 80% and so it won't give me the award! No idea what i'm doing wrong but i'd love sugestions!

Lastly (sorry, lots of questions, i'm new!), i'm from the UK.. i'm guessing that means that i can't get a few of the awards, as magazines and newspapers aren't available on kobo over here yet. Also, i couldn't find the dead reckoning book on kobo in the UK, or any of the pretty little liars books for the 4 associated awards..does anyone know if you can get these in the UK? or if some of these awards are limited to the US and Canada?
I'm habving the same problem with the classics. I had Alice in Wonderland. but it was thebwrong one. I read all 5 of the classics but can't get past 80%.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #220
pointpixie
pointpixie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
IIRC Book Lover is a glitched award that they haven't fixed .. you'd have to go back through the older posts, but I don't know if anyone has it
Thanks, PiersS. I'll hunt around and see if I can find a fix posted somewhere. In the meantime...
pointpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #221
PiersS
Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm habving the same problem with the classics. I had Alice in Wonderland. but it was thebwrong one. I read all 5 of the classics but can't get past 80%.
I've read 4 of the 5 from the link on the last page, but haven't gotten any % .. guess it's another Vox no-go
Old 02-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #222
foxfire
Enthusiast

Cool

Quote:
I've read 4 of the 5 from the link on the last page, but haven't gotten any % .. guess it's another Vox no-go
I have The kobo app on my ipad. Read all 5 on the list & made sure they were the correct ones...still don't have the award. Apparently there is one more classic out there somewhere.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #223
foxfire
Enthusiast

Quote:
I have The kobo app on my ipad. Read all 5 on the list & made sure they were the correct ones...still don't have the award. Apparently there is one more classic out there somewhere.

nI'm also typing on my ipad which accounts for all the mis-spells....for some reason. I am terrible at typing on this thing!
Old 02-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #224
foxfire
Enthusiast

Talking awards....so far

welcome to reading life
book lover
facebook
i love my library
once upon a time
not an open book
pressed for details
scout leader
highly decorated
deep thinker
inverted comma
night rider
word up
classic attack-80%
papillon
total recall
freeloader
instapaper
the twain award
juggernaut
afternoon rush hour
happy hour
prime time
better in bed
witching hour
graveyard shift
kill the commute
sleeping in
i eat books for lunch
playing hooky
lost in austin-60%
off the wall
all you can eat
magic kobo reader
lolz-ok I cheated for this one. I lol-ed a passage in The Haunted Bookstore!
fangtasia-not quite sure how I got this. I downloaded a preview of Dead Reckoning then read Pretty Little Liars. bWhen I finished that book, the award popped up!
dead reckoning-not sure how I got this. I was looking thru my awards and it was there!
total closer
just the highlights.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #225
sarasa1
Enthusiast
sarasa1 began at the beginning.

Device: KT and iPhone
Quote:
Something to do with magazines..

The way to get the Keener Award (not that i have it, because i'm in the UK, so apparantly you can't get newspapers/magazines) is to:

open every issue of their magazine subscription on the day it is delivered for 5 consecutive issues.
sarasa1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch