Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #46
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
BTW everyone, I'm only allowed to do 15 tags on each book. If this is a general Amazon thing then, anyone with more than 15 tags, say which ones are the most important and I'll tag those.

Cheers

MTM
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:11 AM   #47
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Still caught up, I think.
Rhynedahll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #48
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: my laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde:
Do you buy the author's book and get offered other books with the same tag, and his/her book is more likely to come up when others buy books with the same tag?

Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan:
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
Wow! Still, I suppose it's cheaper than advertising. OK, so that's how it works. Thanks, Steven.
Whoa, hang on. No, we're not buying each other's books; we're just checking off the existing tags on the book's description page on Amazon and/or Amazon UK. The tag count contributes to Amazon's super-secret search algorithm, bumping us up the list. Sales figures contribute, too, so buying all of each other's book would certainly help, but it'd be a much bigger commitment than a bunch of clicks!

Oh, by the way, I tagged all the new folks who I'd not tagged in other threads.

--Maria
meromana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #49
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great work everybody!

Thank you for the tags. I am pretty sure I got you all now as well.
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #50
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williemeikle View Post
I'm in. I've been doing this at other boards and it does work well when everyone reciprocates.

My links to my Amazon author pages are in my sig. There's a lot there. I just ask that people do what they can.

Off to the start of the thread now. Wish me luck, I'm going in.

...edited 10 minutes later to say that I've caught everybody, thanks to there being a few well known peeps here from other places
Very well said!

AND you have a GREAT first name!
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #51
SimonKewin
SimonKewin began at the beginning.

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new in these parts but discovering a huge amount of useful information. I've just been over to the Amazon sites and done the tagging requested on the books here.

If anyone felt like doing a spot of tagging in return, my latest Kindle fantasy short is here :

US : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AHKBVW
UK : http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004AHKBVW

Tags I'm after : fantasy, urban fantasy, short story, Merlin, magic, demons, kindle

My eternal gratitude!
SimonKewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #52
Ricky Sides
Enthusiast
Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Done Simon. Don't forget that you can tag your own books. The UK version only had two tags showing.
Ricky Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #53
SimonKewin

Ricky,

Doh! You can see what a marketing genius I am!

Many, many thanks.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #54
Ricky Sides
Enthusiast
Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky Sides ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't sweat it. No one is born knowing everything, and we all have to start somewhere.

Sincerely,
Ricky
Ricky Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #55
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKewin View Post
If anyone felt like doing a spot of tagging in return, my latest Kindle fantasy short is here :

US : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AHKBVW
UK : http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004AHKBVW
Gotcha.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #56
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: my laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Sides View Post
Don't sweat it. No one is born knowing everything, and we all have to start somewhere.

Sincerely,
Ricky
Hey, speak for yourself, Mr. Sides!

You're tagged, Simon. Great cover!

--Maria
meromana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #57
Williamlk
Guru

Simon, Welcome!
I just tagged you.
btw, I am a professional musician. Your book looks VERY interesting indeed!

Now I have to address the 'not being born knowing everything' comment. Since I am the OP of this thread, I'm gonna have to bump you Maria and say that I am the one and only master of the universe, born knowing everything there is to know. (Yeah, I wish)

Anyhoo, My Uk tags have been stuck...If any of my UK friends can tag me that would be great! Also, I am having trouble adding any tags to my book in the UK.
What's up with that?

Last edited by Williamlk; 11-18-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #58
SimonKewin

Williamlk,

I knew you were going to say that! I'll check my tagging of you on the UK site took.

Thanks all for the tags, everyone.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #59
Williamlk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKewin View Post
Williamlk,

I knew you were going to say that! I'll check my tagging of you on the UK site took.

Thanks all for the tags, everyone.
I was also able to add some tags to your book that might be helpful
Old 11-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #60
Rhynedahll
Connoisseur
Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rhynedahll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Simon, I've tagged your book, US and UK.

Rhynedahll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon authors, author tags, indie authors, william l.k.