Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
negris123
Zealot
negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: nook
New Nook coming soon?

Barnes and Noble will be holding a "very special event" on Tuesday October 26. It is speculated they might announce a new nook.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20020099-1.html
negris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Nook 2 with the following would be nice
  • $139 price tag
  • improved battery life
  • black color option
  • Pearl display
  • redesigned page turn buttons
  • mSD card slot moved to side
  • thinner & lighter
  • and landscape mode

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-19-2010 at 10:03 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
I can't imagine they would announce this as a "very special event" if they were just talking about the new software update. I'm hoping this is a nook 2 announcement. I've been waiting for this. I just hope they redesigned the page turn buttons on the new one.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
I just hope they redesigned the page turn buttons on the new one.
They better, because cracked bezels aren't cool.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Maybe they're announcing their new owner.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Hints we've been hearing have been somewhat contradictory.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I'm thinking, come Black Friday, I'm buying my ereader. B&N better not disappoint or I'll have to go to the competition.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Nook 2 with the following would be nice
  • $139 price tag
  • improved battery life
  • black color option
  • Pearl display
  • redesigned page turn buttons
  • mSD card slot moved to side
  • thinner & lighter
  • and landscape mode
I think if they delivered on all of this I'd probably have to pony up and buy another! I'm crossing my fingers.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I used to want a Nook, but now I've figured out how to 'Whispersync' my sideloaded books between my PC and my Android phone. Now I'm hoping to buy a Kindle soon. Once the new Nook is out and people report that they can sync their reading progress between devices, I may consider the Nook.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #10
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I used to want a Nook, but now I've figured out how to 'Whispersync' my sideloaded books between my PC and my Android phone. Now I'm hoping to buy a Kindle soon. Once the new Nook is out and people report that they can sync their reading progress between devices, I may consider the Nook.
B&N has already said that syncing between the Nook and other devices will be included in the new 1.5 firmware that will be released next month.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
They are changing there name of the device to "Corner".
They tried Nook, the device that is an e-reader for a while but to many people continus to smirk and say Nook e <pause> reader.
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
B&N has already said that syncing between the Nook and other devices will be included in the new 1.5 firmware that will be released next month.
And I'm sure the books you buy from them will be able to sync across devices, but what about the books you buy elsewhere and convert to ePub? With Kindle, I just have to change a couple metatags on the file and it works.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #13
chichichobits
chichichobits began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am so happy to hear this just when I was going to get a kindle too I was tired of waiting for news
chichichobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #14
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Source: New Nook is Android-based, full-color
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote