Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
emini_guy
emini_guy began at the beginning.

Device: none
How long does it take to fully charge the battery of PB360?

Hi,

I just got mine recently. It came discharged, so I am now charging it via a USB port. I have been doing it for over two hours now and the red light is still on. I understand that it will turn green (or will disappear) when the battery is fully charged, but how long does it take for the battery to get fully charged?

6 hours, less or more than that?

Thanks.

Wally
emini_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Mine takes about 4 hours via USB so I would expect something similar. It seems a long time but now I've done a few charge cycles, it is lasting up to 15 days between charges and that's reading for a good 3-4 hours per day.

Enjoy your new device
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
emini_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Mine takes about 4 hours via USB so I would expect something similar. It seems a long time but now I've done a few charge cycles, it is lasting up to 15 days between charges and that's reading for a good 3-4 hours per day.

Enjoy your new device
Thanks. I appreciate your prompt reply.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
emini_guy

Quote:
Mine takes about 4 hours via USB so I would expect something similar.
Just to confirm, mine took about 4 hours too the first time around.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
Piscean
Piscean began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7, Windows Phone, ASUS tablet
I charged mine overnight the first time, so I'm not sure how long it really took.

On the discharge side, the PB 360 is amazing! I fully charged it when it arrived in mid-December. Since then I have read 4 novels. In paperback, a total of 2,400 pages, so probably twice that many page turns on the PB 360. So far, my battery is still over half charged.

In a world where everyone lies about battery life, the PB 360 is a refreshing change. This is the one electronic toy I have which I won't have to take a charger for when I travel.
Piscean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I'd recommend 6 hours min
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:52 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't know if the battery life is really, really good, or if the battery gauge on the status bar is faulty, but mine never seems to shift from "full". I plug it into my PC for an hour or so every week, but I've no idea what the real battery life is.

Does anyone know if the batter meter does work?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:33 AM   #8
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Mine does not, but I did not fully charged the PB when I received it (jut 2 hours, not 4), so that might be the reason for me. But my battery gauge is always showing full charge, which cannot be true.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #9
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
In my opinion, you should (!) load ist the 12hours to ensure its fully loaded.

A lilltle calculating is: The powercharger for the pocketbook is labled with an output of 1A the battery has labled 1000 mAh (milli ampere hours) which is 1Ah, regardless the resist and so on, it should be fully loaded in 1h.
Please anyone correct me
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #10
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't know if the battery life is really, really good, or if the battery gauge on the status bar is faulty, but mine never seems to shift from "full". I plug it into my PC for an hour or so every week, but I've no idea what the real battery life is.

Yes, it works. It might be a bit non-linear--the last two segments seem to represent less use than the first two--but it does change with battery use. I generally recharge overnight once it hits less than 50% or so...

I've had my PB360 for two months and I've driven the battery down to an auto shut-off twice. Once with auto-shutoff enabled, once disabled; I wanted to see which way results in longer cycles.
Looks like repeated boots use less power than the lock-down mode.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #11
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes the battery meter has always worked on my PB360 and steadily goes down from 5 bars to none. It does seem as though the last few bars discharge quicker than the rest but I'm not entirely sure of that.

I do know that when you get a little message popping up to tell you to charge your PB - you don't have long before it runs out of juice completely.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Yes the battery meter has always worked on my PB360 and steadily goes down from 5 bars to none. It does seem as though the last few bars discharge quicker than the rest but I'm not entirely sure of that.

I do know that when you get a little message popping up to tell you to charge your PB - you don't have long before it runs out of juice completely.
I'm just recharging my PB360 for the first time and wanted to see if there was any information about how long to charge it.

I've also found that the battery meter works, and it took ages for me to lose that first bar, I was so impressed! The second bar also took a fair while, but the third bar went relatively quickly compared to the other two. I figured now was a good time to charge it.

I had no idea there was a little warning message, I love that and I'll wait for it next time just to see what it's like

I love my PB360, only officially had it since March 25th and I've read two novels and at least three multi-chapter fanfiction stories (most of them well over the page count of a normal novel) - all on half a charge.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #13
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Yes, it seems like the bars are not the same as far as the time is concerned. To fully load my 360°, I need about 4-4 1/2 hours.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #14
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
The netronix hardware charger do charges in cycles of 3-4 hours (it depends on resistors quality) and even if the battery is fully charged, the led will not shutdown until the cycle is finished. So don't take the power led as a good measurement to the charge of your battery.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #15
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
I only charged it once, but I left it eight hours, due I left it during the night. Otherwise, looking to my other device, I think 4 hours will not full charge the battery, although the meter look full. In this other reader, when you get to three-bar meter you have to charge it because from this point it's the discharge runs very quick, and it needs 8 hours to full charge.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote