Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 05:43 PM   #31
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Really? At one point I had fourteen copies of the same book on my PW1, and it was totally unconfused (though since they all had the same title, but different filenames, *I* was rather confused).

This was straight out of kindlegen though. Maybe once the books have an ASIN the rules change?
That might be .....

Actually, my case was about a dozen books. Which was why there was time for me to see the last few disappear, after I disconnected the kindle and turned it on, after the Calibre session. It happened 3-4 times in a row, so I stopped trying to rename them, and just went with the original Amazon title. It may be because I had already put them into a Cloud collection. The other people who use title-series-renaming tell me they don't use Cloud collections at the same time.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:25 PM   #32
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
That might be .....

Actually, my case was about a dozen books. Which was why there was time for me to see the last few disappear, after I disconnected the kindle and turned it on, after the Calibre session. It happened 3-4 times in a row, so I stopped trying to rename them, and just went with the original Amazon title. It may be because I had already put them into a Cloud collection. The other people who use title-series-renaming tell me they don't use Cloud collections at the same time.
Yeah, Calibre sometimes re-ASINs things and I don't understand when (I wish it didn't), and I can understand Amazon's systems getting distinctly confused if books randomly changed ASIN and flipped in and out of cloud collections, particularly given that in cloud collections they are indexed solely *by* their ASIN.

I had even more bizarre problems with a collection on a PW1 once back in the halcyon 5.4.4 days earlier this year when ixtab's hyphenator still worked and dinosaurs roamed the earth; the book count got out of sync with what was actually in the collection. Drop one specific problematic book into that specific collection and the book count would not change, the book would not appear in the collection, would disappear from the outside as if it *was* in the collection, and could only be recovered by moving out of collection view or by long-pressing on the collection and removing the book (it *did* appear in the long-press menu): on removal the book count would still not change, as if the book was still there. Essentially that collection was unusable for that book: it was permanently there in impalpable spiritual form only, as it were. I found myself wondering late at night if I could save a human's soul in there, unchanging and inaccessible forever, and then kicked myself: Kindles don't last more than a few years, what sort of afterlife is that?

The problem went away when the collections DB was rewritten by the 5.6.1.1 upgrade. My understanding is that heaven was deleted at the same time. (This is the real reason why ixtab's hyphenation stopped working.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:52 PM   #33
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
LOL No Deb it Does Not confuse. When they finally decide to show I end up with Several copies... Strange how Amazon says you can only DL 6 at a time. I right now have 10 copies of 1 ebook Direct from Amazon.... I tried to Remove 9 They are still there ... ugh. O and when I do get the Extras Off the PW3 it keeps saying I have to DL from the cloud ... ???? ..... Since the last 2 PW3 updates I cant use Calibre to SL the books. They too get Lost. Tho the Calibre says they are there.

My recent ones from Amazon are still MIA

Last edited by Barbara1955; 05-29-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:46 AM   #34
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle troublesh View Post
dude!! - [This is a spammer and he's been banned - MODERATOR]
Don't know who you are Dude. But I do see they only device you have is a K3 ... K3 works Different than the PWs I just traded my K3 in for this PW3
At 1st I figure this cant be that hard to learn after all I had a PW2 for 5 months! & the 1st couple weeks I had this PW3 I had Few problems but figure it out. But these last 2 updates... They are More Buggy than the update are suppose to fix. I have been on the phone Twice Not with CS but with Tech Support.
I am Not Paying some THRID party for advice. YES Folks the Link is 3rd Party & you have to PAY!! Far as I am see this IS SPAM!!!!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-30-2016 at 07:10 AM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote