Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #16
hoelk
hoelk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Firmware update on rooted device?

I currently have a rooted (AMR) Sony PRS T1 1.0.04.xx and want to upgrade it to a Sony PRS T1 1.0.0.05.xx with the current AMR version. What is the recommended procedure? Can I just do a firmware upgrade and then install the new AMR version or should I use a restore package before doing the firmware upgrade?
hoelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
entodoays
You could easily install it yourself (just grab it from previous AMR version) - most people were uninstalling it, so it is simple "majority rule".

I have no idea what those settings do...

hoelk
You need to completely UNINSTALL everything (by doing restoration from backup or by using proper restore set, do not forget to explicitly remove Apps2SD if you have one installed). You need device in "original" state! Than install upgrade normally - using Sony procedures and after that install proper version of AMR, Apps2SD, whatever...

Last edited by rupor; 02-13-2013 at 09:02 AM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #18
hoelk
hoelk began at the beginning.

The 1.0.0.4.xx restore set is not working for says "device not ready". I tried running the rupor amr flash_reader.bat and it didn't have the same problem (though I chose "no" when it asked me if i really wanted to run it because it would be for the wrong firmware)

Update: For the reset to work you have to have a micro-sd card in your sd card slot, worked now

Last edited by hoelk; 02-13-2013 at 11:11 AM.
hoelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 AM   #19
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
@hoelk

Probably you used the SD restore set which requires the presence of a microSD card in place.

The previous restore set that does not require a microSD card is no longer available on Boroda's flask packages list.
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by entodoays View Post
@hoelk

Probably you used the SD restore set which requires the presence of a microSD card in place.

The previous restore set that does not require a microSD card is no longer available on Boroda's flask packages list.
What package would one use to un-root from the minimal-root.zip?

Ok, think I know, just restore set with the matching firmware. edit: apparently not. edit. I was doing it wrong. Trying again.

Working. But I probably should have used restore-set 1.0.05 instead of restore-set.

edit, all done and works fine so I guess it was ok to use the restore-set.

Last edited by booklover6; 04-25-2013 at 03:19 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #21
elektrobuch
elektrobuch began at the beginning.

Hi,
I did not know about rupor's AMR so I rooted my PRS-T1 (1.0.05.11130) using the minimal-root.zip. Will I have to un-root first before I can apply the AMR?

If yes, how do I do that?

TIA and best regards,
Elek
Old 05-16-2013, 04:13 AM   #22
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

@elektrobuch

Download and flash the appropriate restore set from the this page. This will "undo" the flashing and restore your Reader to it's original state.

Then flash the rupor AMR package.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #23
elektrobuch

Quote:
@elektrobuch
Download and flash the appropriate restore set from the ...
Thanks for your reply. I got the 1.0.05.11130 version in German. Can I use the restore-set-1.0.05.11130-us.zip in spite of that? And then again apply PRS-T1_Updater_1.0.05.11130.exe (German) from Sony?
elektrobuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #24
elektrobuch

Quote:
@elektrobuch

Download and flash the appropriate restore set from the this page...
I can only find restore-set-1.0.05.11130-us.zip but I got 1.0.05.11130 in German. Does it matter?

Thanks for your reply!

Best regards,
Elek

ps
sorry for double posting, can't delete it

Last edited by elektrobuch; 05-17-2013 at 12:23 PM.
elektrobuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #25
entodoays
Zealot

I bought mine in France and used the restore set without any problems. Go ahead and flash the restore set.
There's no need to flash the Sony firmware update after. You can't even if you wanted to. If you try, you'll get an error telling you you already have the latest firmware.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #26
goldencore
Enthusiast
goldencore began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 FW 5.4.5.1 (JB)
Thanks for the update! How do I use the new feature to change the screen timeout? I have been waiting forever for this feature!
goldencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #27
Mterry
Enthusiast
Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS T1; Kindle T3G
Hello! My PRS T1 doesn't answer. It tries to switch on, but it arrives at the end of "opening book" and it stops there. Before that, I used the restore set 1.0.05.11130 and I formatted the sd card, I operated also the factory reset because something was wrong. The last Rupor root was installed since one year ago, but the device was full of others programs and it worked slowly. In the last time, also, all my books were shown twice (even if only one copy of each book was there). Now I cannot remember the exact procedure I did, because I had to leave and I stopped everything there. everything was good. My ebook reader was empty but worked. Later then I installed again the last Rupor AMR 1.0.05.11130. Now I have this problem. I tried many times to reset it, but it continues in the same way. And the PC doen't recognise it. Can you help me?
Thank you
I attach the file script there is in the sd card (it is in another thread)
Mterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #28
Mterry
Enthusiast
Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mterry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

I forgot to tell that I format everything (before havign those problems) also becausee my T1 decharged eveytime in half an hour.
No one can answer me?
Thanks
Old 06-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #29
Mterry
Enthusiast

I forgot to say that , before those problems, I formatted everything because my bactery life was very short (1-2 hours).
Nobody can answer me?
Thanks
Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #30
Mterry
Enthusiast

My T1 is alive! I have solved the problem, looking for the solution up and there. I inserted the directory OS FIRMWARE of the restore-set 1.0.05.11130-us in the sd card and I followed, more or less, the instructions 3.12 of the Rooting and tweaks PRST1 forum. Now I have to root it again.
Bye